Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1-6A Stat Leaders (Week 6)
In class 2A rankings for Prestonsburg:

- Seth Setser is the 3rd leading rusher with 179 yards per game.
- Michael Burchett is the 2nd leading passer with 155 yards per game.
- Austin Gearheart is the leading receiver with 101 yards per game.
- Matt Sword is the 12th leading receiver with 40 yards per game.

*Austin Gearheart is 9th in the state, out of all classes, in receiving.
Thomas Varney: 4 games 27 carries 418 yards 5TD 105 yards per game. Total of 6TD all Purpose as well as 5 PAT's.

He may be 15th in the class in rushing but do the math and see that he is averaging an unbelievable 15.5 yards per carry and a TD every 5.4 carries! That is absolutely rediculous.

What's scary is Chase Maynard's stats for Belfry if anyone looks them up. He has over 200 yards and 3 TD on something like 7 or 8 carries.
what class is covington catholic
eosborne09 Wrote:what class is covington catholic

5A
For maybe the first time in history Russell is ranked in the top 15 in passing. If only they threw more than 5 times a game they could lead that statistic.
In class 3A Ranking for Sheldon Clark
-Ryan Kelly is 13th in the state with 154 per game
-4th in class 3A
-Austin Stepp is 12th in passing in class 3A with 115 passing yards per game
-Ryan Kelly is 10 in class 3A in Scoring Leaders
-Sheldon Clark is 10 in class 3A with 37.00 points per game
TOP 15 PASSING LEADERS
(playing a minimum of 4 games)
(ranked by net yards passing average)
Player School Gms Att Cmp Int Yds TD P-GM
Michael Thomas Elizabethtown 5 155 84 5 1306 15 261
Scott Spears Somerset 5 129 69 5 1143 12 229
Aaron McGuire Pike County Central 5 138 72 6 979 11 196
Austin Green Hart County 5 162 83 11 960 7 192
Luke Magness Henry County 5 110 56 1 864 12 173
Neal Pawsat Mason County 5 96 59 3 837 6 167
Jessie Stivers Butler County 5 114 55 3 777 12 155
Billy Rice Powell County 5 100 50 0 747 9 149
Lance Turpin Taylor County 5 86 37 6 735 11 147
Cash Staley Garrard County 5 78 46 3 713 10 143
Aaron Johnson Muhlenberg South 5 58 26 3 694 8 139
Austin Stepp Sheldon Clark 5 56 33 3 576 5 115
Chase Maddox North Oldham 4 50 31 2 426 7 107
Kevin Hume Spencer County 4 37 20 1 417 2 104
Jade Haddix Breathitt County 5 86 47 1 499 3 100

WHAT GRADE IS SHELDON CLARKS QB IN. I THINK HE IS IN THE 10TH BUT IM NOT SURE. LOOKS LIKE HE IS PUTTING UP SOME GOOD NUMBERS
56 ATTS - 33 CMP - 3 INT 5 TDS - 576 YDS
schs_06 Wrote:TOP 15 PASSING LEADERS
(playing a minimum of 4 games)
(ranked by net yards passing average)
Player School Gms Att Cmp Int Yds TD P-GM
Michael Thomas Elizabethtown 5 155 84 5 1306 15 261
Scott Spears Somerset 5 129 69 5 1143 12 229
Aaron McGuire Pike County Central 5 138 72 6 979 11 196
Austin Green Hart County 5 162 83 11 960 7 192
Luke Magness Henry County 5 110 56 1 864 12 173
Neal Pawsat Mason County 5 96 59 3 837 6 167
Jessie Stivers Butler County 5 114 55 3 777 12 155
Billy Rice Powell County 5 100 50 0 747 9 149
Lance Turpin Taylor County 5 86 37 6 735 11 147
Cash Staley Garrard County 5 78 46 3 713 10 143
Aaron Johnson Muhlenberg South 5 58 26 3 694 8 139
Austin Stepp Sheldon Clark 5 56 33 3 576 5 115
Chase Maddox North Oldham 4 50 31 2 426 7 107
Kevin Hume Spencer County 4 37 20 1 417 2 104
Jade Haddix Breathitt County 5 86 47 1 499 3 100

WHAT GRADE IS SHELDON CLARKS QB IN. I THINK HE IS IN THE 10TH BUT IM NOT SURE. LOOKS LIKE HE IS PUTTING UP SOME GOOD NUMBERS
56 ATTS - 33 CMP - 3 INT 5 TDS - 576 YDS

Austin Stepp is in 10th grade
just like to say these rankings still prove tha hager is a better coach than matney. For one reason the passing game. Please can someone tell me last time matney had a top ten passer. BTW its the main reason they got beat Cov. Cath. if anyone else watched it.
Keep in mind that most teams havnt filled out stat reports for their school!!
beasy_bo Wrote:just like to say these rankings still prove tha hager is a better coach than matney. For one reason the passing game. Please can someone tell me last time matney had a top ten passer. BTW its the main reason they got beat Cov. Cath. if anyone else watched it.

Are you kidding me. For real look at stregth of schedule thats why those states look so great. Are you being for real! To much talk and have not played anyone. That is alfull man give you that many years and all you guys is thow him under the bus. Central would beat you guys to death.
beasy_bo Wrote:just like to say these rankings still prove tha hager is a better coach than matney. For one reason the passing game. Please can someone tell me last time matney had a top ten passer. BTW its the main reason they got beat Cov. Cath. if anyone else watched it.

Are you kidding me. For real look at strength of schedule that's why those states look so great. Are you being for real! to much talk and have not played anyone.
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Are you kidding me. For real look at stregth of schedule thats why those states look so great. Are you being for real! To much talk and have not played anyone. That is alfull man give you that many years and all you guys is thow him under the bus. Central would beat you guys to death.

Is your main goal on here to go and look for trouble
BatCat11 Wrote:Is your main goal on here to go and look for trouble

No! Just get so aggravated when you talk the talk and have not walked the walk. People saying Sheldon Clark can beat this team and will beat that team. Just do it than talk about it. You guys have a good team compared to who you have played. You know what I'm tired of people from Inez throwing matney under the bus! How many Wrestling state champions have went though their because of him. What was his over all record while coaching at Sheldon Clark. Until hager has done that then don't compare. I not just saying this because he is at JCHS, just have got to know a man that still cares about the kids over their. He is a great coach and a person. The kids that have played for him know this!
brown_ind1977 Wrote:No! Just get so aggravated when you talk the talk and have not walked the walk. People saying Sheldon Clark can beat this team and will beat that team. Just do it than talk about it. You guys have a good team compared to who you have played. You know what tired of people from Inez throwing matney under the bus! How many state champions have went though their because of him. What was his over all record while coaching at Sheldon Clark. Until hager has done that then don't compare. I not just saying this because he is at JCHS, just have got to know a man that still cares about the kids over their. He is a great coach and a person. The kids that have played for him know this!

I know he is a great coach and person and he has been good to my family and yes i did lose a little respect for the man when he left but in away im glad he did because we got a great coach out of it.I mean im just tired of hearing we through him under the bus he did leave us for our rival school but im not going to argue about this here because its not the time nor the place.
BatCat11 Wrote:I know he is a great coach and person and he has been good to my family and yes i did lose a little respect for the man when he left but in away im glad he did because we got a great coach out of it.I mean im just tired of hearing we through him under the bus he did leave us for our rival school but im not going to argue about this here because its not the time nor the place.

Your rival school? What rival sir? Sheldon Clark 3A JCHS 5A, What rival? What was the last time these teams have meet. This is the real world and you and anyone else will go where the most money is to provide for your family. He has done great things for your school and community. Its not like he went to belfry. I not looking for an argument, but how many post do you think I can find this year on how you guys can or will beat Belfry this year, or P-berg. I will give Belfry fans credit, they walk the walk before they talk the talk!
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Your rival school? What rival sir? Sheldon Clark 3A JCHS 5A, What rival? What was the last time these teams have meet. This is the real world and you and anyone else will go where the most money is to provide for your family. He has done great things for your school and community. Its not like he went to belfry. I not looking for an argument, but how many post do you think I can find this year on how you guys can or will beat Belfry this year, or P-berg. I will give Belfry fans credit, they walk the walk before they talk the talk!

Im just gonna drop all of this with you before it gets out of control hope to see ya at one of the games this year.
BatCat11 Wrote:Im just gonna drop all of this with you before it gets out of control hope to see ya at one of the games this year.

Pick one! If its a JCHS game I'm there.
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Pick one! If its a JCHS game I'm there.
I would just like for you to attend one of our games so maybe you can get a better veiw point of our team and it maybe we could change your opinion of us.But there no reason to argue over the internet like little girls.. If your a central fan best of luck rest of the season.
BatCat11 Wrote:I would just like for you to attend one of our games so maybe you can get a better veiw point of our team and it maybe we could change your opinion of us.But there no reason to argue over the internet like little girls.. If your a central fan best of luck rest of the season.

You don't have to change my mind about your team, you are undefeated. Good luck.

I think you should have an inteligent thought before you post crap all over this fine web site. Yes, Hager is a good coach but Jim Matney has already forgotten more than he will ever know. Why should Coach Matney throw the ball 20 time a night when his team can rush for 350+ every simgle time they play. And for the record your explanation to JC's loss to CC is the most ignorant thing I have ever read in my entire life. JC didn't have to throw the ball against CC because they ran it over on them all night long. JC got beat because 1. they didnt have the depth and 2. because CC could fire it down field.

All Im asking of you is that you learn what the heck a football is before you try to come here and talk about it.:mad:
BatCat11 Wrote:I would just like for you to attend one of our games so maybe you can get a better veiw point of our team and it maybe we could change your opinion of us.But there no reason to argue over the internet like little girls.. If your a central fan best of luck rest of the season.

Why go watch Sheldon Clark when you can go down route 40 a little way to Paintsvill and watch a real team on Friday night.

You really shouldn't speak. I'm a SC fan and you make us all look like idiots. Go look up your facts. Go look who the all time leading passers are at SC and you will see they were during Matney's time.