Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paintsville
26.09%
Johnson Central
73.91%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs Paintsville - Oct. 2
SportsKing Wrote:I don't think JC will pull starters, even if their up by 60+, and I wouldn't blame them if they didn't. This game will be a massacre of historical proportions.
With a 60 point lead, how smart is it to keep starters in? A player gets hurt in a blow out, season over for him... What would it prove to keep the starters in in a situation like that except for the coach not having any class or brains? As bad as I hate to say it, JC will win this game. But Paintsville will put up a fight and hopefully get better from this game to help them go undefeated in their district play.
Well I started this tread and want to finish saying, I am a former and present golden eagle,what I mean is once an eagle always an eagle. I love the school that I went to and if cut I surly would bleed black and gold, As for a lot of people and their schools. When this game is over, I hope all this is over, because these two schools need each other as a whole community pulling for each other. I know when Paintsville is not playing JCHS, I route for them. I my self would love nothing more for the apple bowl to be over, maybe go back to playing different teams. I really think as long as their are no injuries that both of these teams could go deep into post season. My self I would love to see these to teams combined but at the same time their are a lot of cons to that. Not enough playing time for a lot of kids who could play at another school, and moving up int 6A class so that will never happen.Hope everyone has a great time during apple days.
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Well I started this tread and want to finish saying, I am a former and present golden eagle,what I mean is once an eagle always an eagle. I love the school that I went to and if cut I surly would bleed black and gold, As for a lot of people and their schools. When this game is over, I hope all this is over, because these two schools need each other as a whole community pulling for each other. I know when Paintsville is not playing JCHS, I route for them. I my self would love nothing more for the apple bowl to be over, maybe go back to playing different teams. I really think as long as their are no injuries that both of these teams could go deep into post season. My self I would love to see these to teams combined but at the same time their are a lot of cons to that. Not enough playing time for a lot of kids who could play at another school, and moving up int 6A class so that will never happen.Hope everyone has a great time during apple days.

I think this would be a great idea! Bring in 2 high profile teams to play each other and split the gate. Have it at Central each year and I bet you could put 10,000 people in the stadium for the games. It would be a cash cow for both programs.
you know Paintsville has a lot of good players comin up like Matt Daniels and Brooks Phelphry so just give coach Kinner atleast 3 years and we will have a strong strong program.:letsparty
the little apple bowls was goin on wendsday and although Paintsville lost in 3rd and 4th 5th and 6th and 7th and 8th grades to pikeville, but the 5th and 6th grade game went into 3 OT's against a team that beat them 36-0 last time and this game they only lost on a two point conversion, and kids like Kash Daniel, Matt Miller, and Taylor Miller make a big difference. Kash wit 4 tack's a game and Matt's first game back only after a week with the cast off, he had a game winning interseption and 3 tack's and taylor miller picking up yards on the old bootleg play, so give Coach Kinner some years and he will have a great winning program.
Paintsville_Player Wrote:you know Paintsville has a lot of good players comin up like Matt Daniels and Brooks Phelphry so just give coach Kinner atleast 3 years and we will have a strong strong program.:letsparty

Have they even won a single game this year?
EastKyMiner Wrote:Have they even won a single game this year?

That is very mature!

You know- these CHILDREN (and yes- they are still children we are talking about) get on here and read these posts! Some of you might want to remember that when you are posting all of your negative comments.

Some of us might want to remember that we are talking about High School and Junior High CHILDREN and not other ADULTS!
[quote=The Guru]Paintsville likes this game as it is a good money maker. But teams like P-burg and pikeville bring in good money as well. But I like the fact that more and more of us are starting to see things alike.
[
/QUOTE It takes two to play a game, and it makes no sense for JC to play this game. If JC wins they are picking on the poor little Class A team. paintsville does needs the money, but as I said, JC can draw an Apple Bowl crowd most any night. I look for it to end as thier is aboslute nothing in this gamce for JC. Although I do not agree, alot of JC fans would like to see JC play another oppent and not give paintsville the money. Enjoy the last Apple Bowl as we know it!
MonsterMan Wrote:[quote=The Guru]Paintsville likes this game as it is a good money maker. But teams like P-burg and pikeville bring in good money as well. But I like the fact that more and more of us are starting to see things alike.
[
/QUOTE It takes two to play a game, and it makes no sense for JC to play this game. If JC wins they are picking on the poor little Class A team. paintsville does needs the money, but as I said, JC can draw an Apple Bowl crowd most any night. I look for it to end as thier is aboslute nothing in this gamce for JC. Although I do not agree, alot of JC fans would like to see JC play another oppent and not give paintsville the money. Enjoy the last Apple Bowl as we know it!

So are u 100% sure that it will be over this year? Cause im not sure that JC makes more money then what they clear every year in the apple bowl! on a casual friday night!
I dont think it's always about the money, this is a game that is looked forward to from one year to the next. I'ts been going on for years and i think us johnson county people as well as paintsville people dont want to see this game end. Good luck to both teams tonight and most of all have fun!!!:ref2: :football:
Central will roll.
Where is the Apple Bowl played at and will that have any effect on either team's performance?
tradition Wrote:Where is the Apple Bowl played at and will that have any effect on either team's performance?

The game will be played at Painstville's field.......and no it wont have any effect on the out come of the game........JC would win at either place heck id bet that JC could even win at Putnam Stadium if it was against Painstville lol hahaha j/kin diggin up old graves lol! Good luck to both teams tho.....hope both comes away from this game without any injuries!