Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zambrano no hits Astros
big Z no hits the astros with 1 walk WOOOO GO CUBBIES!!!!!!
Boo! I hate the Cubs but ,Congrats Z great accomplishment! Second no hitter of the year. (Lester)
I am not a Cubs fan either, but have ALWAYS been a Zambrano fan. Love his enthusiasm towards the game. Reminds me of a young Randy Johnson the way he plays with such a drive.
Sounds like the Z was ready. Looking toward the post season.
Very nice!!! Cubbies all the way!!
I have a good and bad view on this.

First the good...big congrats for Zambrano! He had a few rought starts before finding out about his injury, and arguably one of the best pitchers in all of baseball.

Now the bad...this was supposed to be a home game for the Houston Astros because of the weather in Houston from Hurricane Ike. So they moved the game to MILWAUKEE! Houston is playing a "home game" 1180 miles from home, whereas the entire city of Chicago only had to travle 92. In no way am I taking away from the fact that Carlos Zambrano threw the first Cubs no-hitter since the 1970s, but what major league baseball did moving the remainder of that series to Milwaukee was ridiculous. We all heard the crowd throughout the game. It was packed with 50,000+ Cubs fans for an ASTRO'S HOME GAME!

Again, congrats to Zambrano for the great accomplishment, but what Bud Selig and the rest of MLB did to the Astros was WRONG!
Congrats to Zambrano on the no hitter. Like the announcer said, any baseball fan had to be excited when he accomplished it. A great moment in Cubs history and in baseball as well.
[YOUTUBE="Carlos Zambrano's NO HITTER!!"]200809153479381[/YOUTUBE]
Congrats Zambrano.