Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry-Lawrence County series will be missed
I have always enjoyed watching these two teams play. Lawrence County leads series 5-4 with Belfry winning the last four.
I think you better check the series record again. I remember either my freshman or sophomore year at LC in the early 80's Belfry won a couple of times against LC.

I think you may be going on since the series was renewed.
Are they not going to schdule each other any more or what???????Sad
It is my understanding that Belfry will be playing Letcher co central the second game of the season in 09... Could be the start of a great rivalry...
My fault it is 5-4 Lawrence since the rivalry was renewed. I don't know anything about the 80's series.

The contract for the series was not renewed.

Belfry will play Letcher Central next year. I don't know what week.

Belfry still needs three games for next year.
I think Lawrence Co. should keep Belfry on the schdule yes they have beat us pretty good the past 2 years but they kept us when we were in our glory days. Belfry is a must game for any team in the area they are what you need to measure your self agiants. I think it will be a mistake not to have a quality team like Belfry every year. I guess when LC get's back to form then they will want to play them then. That sucks you don't get better by playing down.
I would be OK with Belfry continuing the series after a couple year hiatus. Lawrence has always been a proud/solid program, but they are down recently. Once Lawrence gets back to its winning ways, I think the game is good for both programs.

Hope for a speedy Lawerence recovery.
PaytoPlay Wrote:I would be OK with Belfry continuing the series after a couple year hiatus. Lawrence has always been a proud/solid program, but they are down recently. Once Lawrence gets back to its winning ways, I think the game is good for both programs.

Hope for a speedy Lawerence recovery.

I agree.. at this time though it is mutually exclusive that this series needs to take a break. Belfry needs to upgrade their schedule if they want to continue to improve their program and LC needs to schedule to build their program and their confidence.
Dawg Family Wrote:I think Lawrence Co. should keep Belfry on the schdule yes they have beat us pretty good the past 2 years but they kept us when we were in our glory days. Belfry is a must game for any team in the area they are what you need to measure your self agiants. I think it will be a mistake not to have a quality team like Belfry every year. I guess when LC get's back to form then they will want to play them then. That sucks you don't get better by playing down.

Any chance Lawrence and Johnson Central plays next year?
I remember Lawrence County and Belfry playing back in1979 and it was 64-0 Pirates. A lot changed over the years. I remember Michael West running over the Big Red a few years ago, and then Belfry with a big goal line stand in the first meeting at CAM. It is really a shame the series has to end. BTW have they cut the grass for this Friday's game. Ha Ha.
The independent preview has Belfry leading the all time series 7-4.
bucslover68 Wrote:I remember Lawrence County and Belfry playing back in1979 and it was 64-0 Pirates. A lot changed over the years. I remember Michael West running over the Big Red a few years ago, and then Belfry with a big goal line stand in the first meeting at CAM. It is really a shame the series has to end. BTW have they cut the grass for this Friday's game. Ha Ha.

Ha Ha a new grass surface which is slow as all get out. lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
I would say that Michael West would have wanted the track rated as fast. I still believe he is running wild through the Pirate defense and they still can't tackle him.
bucslover68 Wrote:I would say that Michael West would have wanted the track rated as fast. I still believe he is running wild through the Pirate defense and they still can't tackle him.

He was an elusive one, that #4.