Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9-year-old boy told he's too good to play baseball
Simply ridiculous! The kid is not allowed to play in his baseball league anymore because he was clocked in at pitching 40mph.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=3553475
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Simply ridiculous! The kid is not allowed to play in his baseball league anymore because he was clocked in at pitching 40mph.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=3553475

Yes... I can't believe this I heard about this on the way to Lexington this morning on bob and tom.
Wow a lot of 7-8 yr olds face pictching machines that throw it that fast.Poor kid,what organization is this league affilated with if any?
I'm mirroring this to the Gen. Disc. as well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CRAZY!! After reading the article the way it sounds they either want the kid to quit pitching to children within his own age bracket OR move up to a higher level and play with older children WHICH in turn could be dangerous for him! IMHO, you have to play the best to be the best and if they are facing this kid now and he keeps on excelling in his pitching abilities, imagine what he will be doing once he hits high school. EVERY team in the surrounding area will be wanting him, "players" included! It's sad that a child is hindered because he/she has talent.

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Just another example of the wussification of America.
This really ****es me off.
Hey CONN, ever heard of Williamsport?
Maybe they should just covert the league to slow pitch softball.
What if the kid bats like a 9-year-old or field's like a 9-year-old?

This is really sad.
I can tell you right now from what I have seen he doesn't belong in the 11-12 yr old division.
Pretty bad situation to be in for the kid. Thats a shame.
That makes a lot of sense.
In9 and 10yr old allstars alot of kids pitch in 40's and low 50's . This place needs a new president or the charter taken from them.
any more news on this kid?
All i can say is This wouldnt of happned back in the day
I agree, that's awful...why take the kid's right to play ball away?
If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen
where does this kid play?
phs1986 Wrote:CRAZY!! After reading the article the way it sounds they either want the kid to quit pitching to children within his own age bracket OR move up to a higher level and play with older children WHICH in turn could be dangerous for him! IMHO, you have to play the best to be the best and if they are facing this kid now and he keeps on excelling in his pitching abilities, imagine what he will be doing once he hits high school. EVERY team in the surrounding area will be wanting him, "players" included! It's sad that a child is hindered because he/she has talent.

But couldn't the same thing apply for the pitcher- "IMHO, you have to play the best to be the best"? Throwing a no-hitter to other 9 year olds every game might not allow him to improve at all or challenge himself.

Amun-Ra Wrote:Just another example of the wussification of America.
I agree, check out my posts from all along, but also consider my post above this one.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life