Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Article on Bell County All-State Kicker Monte Merrick
Here is a link to the article in todays paper out of Middlesboro:

http://www.middlesborodailynews.com/arti...errick.txt
Nice story, didn't realize he was getting looks from the likes of Tennessee, Missouri, and LSU.

Thats quite the honor!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Nice story, didn't realize he was getting looks from the likes of Tennessee, Missouri, and LSU.

Thats quite the honor!

Word is down here that he sent his game film out to major D-1 schools and with his national ranking went only to schools that had seen his film and wanted to see him in person. If he was in their top three guys they were looking at then his family drove to that school this summer for him to work out for coaches at their camps on campus per the NCAA regulations.
You need to post that on Catspause.com also BellCoBobcat! UK needs this kicker, UK's kicker now sucks!
Jackets08 Wrote:You need to post that on Catspause.com also BellCoBobcat! UK needs this kicker, UK's kicker now sucks!

Rivals did a similar article on their national site a few weeks ago. It would have been on Catspause, I believe.
Yes Seiber should of neve taken JJ Housleys spot. Housley missed 1 kick from about 40 yards and got it taken away. I can't count how many kicks Seiber has missed.
Jackets08 Wrote:You need to post that on Catspause.com also BellCoBobcat! UK needs this kicker, UK's kicker now sucks!

I understand at the Blue and White scrimmage/practice last night Merrick hit a 53 yard field goal that nearly landed on the track.....fifteen yards longer than needed! He later fell short by inches on a 62 yard attempt....looked like snap/hold were a little off. His only kickoff was about 70 yds. in air. Special teams looked a little shaky, but it seems they have new snappers and holders for kickoffs/punts. I'm sure they will quickly work out the kinks.
Look for special teams again to be a Bobcat strength.
They announced last night at the scrimmage that he nailed a 60 yard FG...
Jackets08 Wrote:They announced last night at the scrimmage that he nailed a 60 yard FG...

That must have been the one from 62. It looked good...and many people said that it was. Others thought it fell short from the angle..... Could not hear the annnouncer down at the end we were at, but the press box would have had a better advantage. There was only one official on the field and no one under the goal posts. It was not as strong of a kick as the 53 yarder. Should break state record early in season if he gets the right game situation.