Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
China going to great lengths to look great in olympics!
This is a story I saw today on yahoo.

The young girl who was showing singing at the opening ceremony of the olympics was not actually singing, the real singer was hidden away because she was too ugly to be on TV.

One little girl had the looks. The other had the voice.

So in a last-minute move demanded by one of China’s highest officials, the two were put together for the Olympic opening ceremony, with one lip-synching “Ode to the Motherland” over the other’s singing.

The real singer, 7-year-old Yang Peiyi, with her chubby face and crooked baby teeth, wasn’t good looking enough for the ceremony, its chief music director told state-owned Beijing Radio.

So the pigtailed Lin Miaoke, a veteran of television ads, mouthed the words with a pixie smile for a stadium of 91,000 and a worldwide TV audience. “I felt so beautiful in my red dress,” the tiny 9-year-old told the China Daily newspaper.

Peiyi later told China Central Television that just having her voice used was an honor.

It was the latest example of the lengths the image-obsessed China is taking to create a perfect Summer Games.

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/news?sl...&type=lgns

Thoughts?
Not surprised.
Don't forget, half of the fireworks display was fake as well. Some of it was live, some was pre-recorded and other parts were computer-animated.

On top of that, you've got the Chinese gymnastics team that all look like they're about 12 years old, yet the Chinese government issued them passports saying they were 16 Rolleyes
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:Don't forget, half of the fireworks display was fake as well. Some of it was live, some was pre-recorded and other parts were computer-animated.

On top of that, you've got the Chinese gymnastics team that all look like they're about 12 years old, yet the Chinese government issued them passports saying they were 16 Rolleyes

I noticed last night during the team finals that all of the Chinese Gymnast looked very young.
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:I noticed last night during the team finals that all of the Chinese Gymnast looked very young.
One of the girls on the Chinese team was listed as 13 years old just last year. China= Cheaters!