Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official 08-09 Kentucky Basketball Schedule
Nov. 3 (Mon) MISSOURI - ST. LOUIS [Exh.] 7:00 p.m.

Nov. 7 (Fri) TBA [Exh.] 7:00 p.m.

Nov. 14 (Fri) VIRGINIA MILITARY INSTITUTE 7:00 p.m.

Nov. 18 (Tue) at North Carolina 9:00 p.m. ESPN

Nov. 22 (Sat) DELAWARE STATE Noon

Nov. 24 (Mon) LONGWOOD 7:00 p.m.

Nov. 28 (Fri) vs. Kansas State 11:59 p.m. ESPN U

Nov. 29 (Sat) vs. West Virginia/Iowa TBA 7:30/10:30 p.m. ESPN U

Dec. 3 (Wed) LAMAR 7:00 p.m.

Dec. 6 (Sat) MIAMI (FL) 5:30 p.m. ESPN

Dec. 7 (Sun) MISSISSIPPI VALLEY STATE 3:00 p.m.

Dec. 13 (Sat) INDIANA 4:00 p.m. CBS

Dec. 20 (Sat) vs. Appalachian State (at Louisville) Noon

Dec. 22 (Mon) TENNESSEE STATE 7:00 p.m.

Dec. 27 (Sat) FLORIDA ATLANTIC 3:00 p.m.

Dec. 29 (Mon) CENTRAL MICHIGAN 7:00 p.m.

Jan. 4 (Sun) at Louisville 1:30/4:30 p.m. CBS

Jan. 10 (Sat) • VANDERBILT 2:00 p.m. Raycom

Jan. 13 (Tue) • at Tennessee 9:00 p.m. ESPN

Jan. 18 (Sun) • at Georgia Noon Raycom

Jan. 21 (Wed) • AUBURN 9:00 p.m. Raycom

Jan. 24 (Sat) • at Alabama 3:00 p.m. Raycom

Jan. 27 (Tue) • at Ole Miss 7:00 p.m. ESPN

Jan. 31 (Sat) • SOUTH CAROLINA 3:00 p.m. Raycom

Feb. 3 (Tue) • MISSISSIPPI STATE 7:00 p.m. Raycom

Feb. 10 (Tue) • FLORIDA 9:00 p.m. ESPN

Feb. 14 (Sat) • at Arkansas 1:00 p.m. CBS

Feb. 17 (Tue) • at Vanderbilt 9:00 p.m. ESPN

Feb. 21 (Sat) • TENNESSEE 1:00 p.m. CBS

Feb. 25 (Wed) • at South Carolina 7:00 p.m. Raycom

Feb. 28 (Sat) • LSU 2:00 p.m. CBS

Mar. 4 (Wed) • GEORGIA 8:00 p.m. Raycom

Mar. 7 (Sat) • at Florida 2:00 p.m. CBS

Mar.12-15(Th-Su) 3 SEC Tournament [Tampa] / TBA

Check local listings • All times Eastern
• SEC Game

I think we'll win anywhere from 22 to 25 regular season games.
The SEC Tournament has beem moved to Tampa?:confused: Sad
Brooks4Prez Wrote:The SEC Tournament has beem moved to Tampa?:confused: Sad

Tornadoes just wasnt thier thing, so they wanted to see a hurricane this year.

But in all seriousness I like this schedule, there's 5 good quality OOC games, and then a bunch of fluffs, which is what we need.
Are you stoned? This schedule is awful, UK isnt supposed to play teams like they have on this schedule. Of course they will win about 25 games, if they are lucky, with a schedule like this. Most of those teams are mid majors at best, and others are teams that some high school teams could probably beat. I mean who the **** is Longwood and where are they even located, and Lamar has never been that good from my knowledge. I thought last years schedule was bad, this one is worse I believe. But then again, its a chance for one of these no name teams that are mediocre at best to beat UK like Gardner Webb, San Diego, and Houston did last year. Good scheduling job coach numbnuts!
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Are you stoned? This schedule is awful, UK isnt supposed to play teams like they have on this schedule. Of course they will win about 25 games, if they are lucky, with a schedule like this. Most of those teams are mid majors at best, and others are teams that some high school teams could probably beat. I mean who the **** is Longwood and where are they even located, and Lamar has never been that good from my knowledge. I thought last years schedule was bad, this one is worse I believe. But then again, its a chance for one of these no name teams that are mediocre at best to beat UK like Gardner Webb, San Diego, and Houston did last year. Good scheduling job coach numbnuts!

lol, are you blind, show me where I posted that the schedule is GOOD, I just said I liked it. This is a young unexperienced team, who wasn't necessarily good last year, we don't need an overly brutal schedule.

FYI Longwood is a four-year public, liberal-arts university located in Farmville, Virginia. It was founded in 1839, and became a university on July 1, 2002.

And dont look over any team, does anyone remember Gardner Webb?
at North Carolina 2nd game wow that will be tuff.
Schedule looks pretty good. Im especially looking forward to Big Blue Madness, going to be a fun season!
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Are you stoned? This schedule is awful, UK isnt supposed to play teams like they have on this schedule. Of course they will win about 25 games, if they are lucky, with a schedule like this. Most of those teams are mid majors at best, and others are teams that some high school teams could probably beat. I mean who the **** is Longwood and where are they even located, and Lamar has never been that good from my knowledge. I thought last years schedule was bad, this one is worse I believe. But then again, its a chance for one of these no name teams that are mediocre at best to beat UK like Gardner Webb, San Diego, and Houston did last year. Good scheduling job coach numbnuts!

Are you stoned?? That coach that you referred to as coach Numbnuts is about to turn the Uk team around and probably win a national title within the next few years. He has done nothing but good things at uk since he has been there. Take a look at the recruits he is getting and the one's considering us. Just because the schedule isn't #1 toughest in the nation dont mean a thing. Personally I like the schedule because it will get the confidence rolling and that's the first step to rebuilding a young team.
Don't forget there's gonna be possibly 2 more games against top 25 competition in Vegas, depending on how many we win. So all in all you will be looking at 15+ games against top 25 competition. This team has added 5 new players, they will need some easier games to keep their W/L ratio decent enough to get into the tourney once they make a run in the SEC. If they started out 0-10 against all top 10 teams, that would be it, NIT bound.
I think the non conference games are balanced, sure there are some easy games, but there are some tough ones too. "North Carolina, K-State, WV or Iowa, Miami Fl, and Louisville," wont exactly be a cake walk Braves_fan!!!

Nobody plays a top 25 team every night in their non-conference schedule. And besides, if you think that teams like Gardner Webb, San Diego, and Houston can beat them, why would you want to schedule tougher competition?

Sometimes I think that if some guy from UK developed a cure for cancer, that you would find some way to be critical of him. But I digress...

As for the schedule, of course there are so-called "fluff" teams on there. All the big teams do it, just go check out their schedules. Like another poster said, no team goes out and plays top competition every night. That's a one-way ticket to the NIT, or worse.

And you say UK isn't supposed to play teams like that? Please show me a season in the last 20 years where UK hasn't played some lesser teams in their non-conference schedule. They always play about 5-7 good teams, with the rest added in as filler. They did it when Tubby was here, they did it when Rick was here, and they'll do it after Gillespie is gone.

As for Longwood, UK didn't actually schedule that one. That game, as well as the one right before it, was set up by the Las Vegas committee as part of their tournament.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
hey braves fan..other than the fact that everything you say is ficticious, i have a question for you. why is your name "braves" fan...and your baseball team of choice is a redsox logo? i think you KG, Aaron Rodgers should go with dicky v and have you a digorno pizza...Cool
22 wins this year IMO

sweet 16
PHS#1 Wrote:22 wins this year IMO

sweet 16

I agree with that, but I think we will 23 or 24 at the most 24. How can anyone bash this schedule. This team is young and needs time to grow and I think they will do just that.

On a side note has Liggins qualified and when can you get tickets for Big Blue Maddness.
Captain_44 Wrote:when can you get tickets for Big Blue Maddness.

They havent announced that yet. I would think either the last Saturday in September or the first Saturday in October.