Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 26 Greenup County 6
Looks like Russell came firing tonite but with a few rusty wholes which I think they will be workin on in practice. But good job and can not wait till the russell and tomcat game. Smile
Congrats Russell!!! Tongue
Actually I believe the final was 25-6. Russell looked sluggish on both sides of ball. They also made many small mental mistakes. All in all, their defense looks very tough if a few kinks can be worked out. Offensively they looked ok. They converted numerous 3rd and 4th down conversions to keep drives alive. Greenup played very tough all night long. Their defense gave more effort than I've ever seen from most teams. Offensively, Greenup moved the ball decent but was not ever able to establish and maintain long drives.

Good Luck to both teams.

Russell will play host to Ashland next Friday night. It should be a good one.
Oh yea and with ashland commin off a bye week should be a good game and of course GC has a new coach and before the game he sounded like a man with a calm attitude goin towards the game. But gl to both teams this season.
Congrats Russell.....

No suprise in this one
Not very impressive performance by Russell. The Devils should have beaten the 3A cellar dwellar by at least 30+ points. Right now the Eastern semi-state of 2A is a real crap shoot.
Yea but everyone has rust on their first week of football.