Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FINAL: Hazard 16 PBURG 14... WOW
Hazard is really strong with there passing game they have a great qb in olinger. Prestonsburg has a good defence but pburg's Stamina was drained out. Hazard was just to fast. Pburg was more strponger. But that was a wild game.
Congrats to Hazard.
This was a shocker.
QQ, I talked to Dave Shaffer a couple of times today, and he is doing fine. The team doctor told him to put ICE on his leg 20 minutes on 20 off, and he starts PT(physical therapy) this monday..He told me today that the teams PT told him the injury can/will take anywhere from 10-30 days to heal. Dave said he will be ready to go for the pikeville game he thinks. He seems to be in good spirit and not feeling too down about his injury, im glad it wasnt anything major.
I forgot to tell everyone that in the 2nd half of the game Peters was nursing his right arm a little bit, after hazard about ripped it off 3 or 4 times, this was in the 4th quarter when it happened, and he was holding it to his side and not moving it very much. IDK if hes injured probably just bruised his elbow or something I hope its nothing major, he didnt come out of the game tho.
I think Pburg needs to go with the POWER I formation all night long, they ran doulbe tight 2 back gun mostly all ngiht long and it was giving Hazards linebackers time to read the plays, as Pburgs running backs was too far from the line of scrimmage. After Pburg went into the Power I they moved the ball very well up the gut, and I think coach D realized this and it was all too late..
I also have to give a shout out to Prestonsburgs kicker SETH MOORE number 22....He was kicking the balls into the end zone all ngiht on kickoff....Pretty good for a high schooler. Does anyone that attended the game wonder why Pburg didnt try to field goal to go up by one point instead of going for it on 4th and 9 while they was on the 16 yard line? I know its the coachs call BUT what the hell did we have to lose, if he missed hazard woulda got the ball back on the 16 yard line and Pburg try to stop them. If he made it then that means the obvious we would go ahead by 1 point late in the game.....We will never know the out come of the game that way...ALL the shoulda coulda woulda's have to stay on the field I guess.

O yea probably the play of the game was the throw from Hazards QB in the endzome late in the game....It was 4th and 25 from the 28 yards line, as everyone saw on Sports OT, and he threw a perfect pass and it was caught to put them ahead of us for good. :x
:!: :!: :!: :!: GO BULL DOWGS THINK EVERYONE IN THE 2A DISTRICT IS GLAD TO SEE THEM GO DOWN!!!!!!!!!!! Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
Will we see Hazard rise up from the number 10 spot in the Mountain Top 10 and P-berg droping???? Sad Sad
Great win BULLDOGS :!:
Sounded like a good game..Congrats to Hazard
Fishing Wrote:I dont know if we can beat Pikeville this year. I do think Hazard is the best team in that class A district this year. i will be looking forward to wathcing Pikeville and Hazard play. Do any of you all know where the panther/bulldog game is played.

Hazard is good, but i dont think they are the best in the district. I think Pikeville and Paintsville have the best two teams this year
Prestonsburg doesnt have enough speed this year on defense. Olinger picked their secondary apart at will. And on the the few plays, and i repeat FEW plays that prestonsburg covered all of olingers receivers all he did was scramble out and pick up about 20 yards with his feet, Hazard is the real deal this year, i look for them to win the district at least in 1A, shaffer will be alright i'm sure, he's one of the toughest kids i have ever known and he sure as hell isnt gonna sit out any games his SR year, congratulations hazard but dont get too big headed, u still have 8 more games left, i wouldnt be suprised if hazard finished the regular season 10-0, as long as they dont get big headed. And pikeville better not expect the same pburg team that they will see on film this week, pburg has lost the opening game of the season the last 3 years, but hasnt lost the 2nd game any of those years, so hopefully we will keep the tradition going, lol, good luck to both teams on what should be incredible seasons
Agreed, Pikeville is the team to beat in district, Hazard and Paintsville are to tough to decide on..... Who ever wins the tiger and dawg game will decide who plays for district championship i think