Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who deservers BGR player of the week Defense?
Please submit the player you thinks deserves Defensive BGR POW.. This person will have thier stats placed on the front page along with their picture. THey will also be mailed a certificate..

Once we have a some nominations in.. Ill put a poll up so everyone can vote..
South Floyd's Anthony Barker had 13 tackels and 2 fumble recoveries, and Justin Slone from SF had 10 tackels and 1 interception.
Paintsville's Matt Hicks had 2 sacks, not sure about total tackles and a foced fumble.
tj young of fort knox high school he had 12 tackles 1 forced fumble 2 sacks and 3 deflections! thats pretty impressive
Cap_PDT_0:
I know Micah Johnson had 17 tackles last week but we could give it to him every week. Minton from Southwestern had a very good game against Corbin...maybe someone that was at the game can provide the stats but I know they were pretty impressive.
Just a question, I thought this site was for the Mt. Boys?? I've seen NCC's Vickers and Micah Johnson now nominated for POW.
I said Vickers wan't a mountain player but he did play in the Pike County Bowl and rang up good numbers against Pikeville...I would say he was one of the top RBs that played in the mountains this past weekend. As far as Micah Johnson, the poster ahead of mentioned a player from Ft. Knox and he is a member of this site so IMO he has a right to nominate a player. I think the award should go to Josh Minton though....The UK rivals site wrote a article about his performance in week 1 against Corbin. I will find his stats and post them later but they were pretty impressive.
No offense, or harm it was just a question. It does say Kentucky High School Sports
Bluegrassrivals Kentucky High School Mountain Sports Coverage. So I just kind of figured it was a strictly East KY website.
We are mostly Mountain Schools only right now but we want and expect to eventually make this website statewide....it just depends if we can get members from other parts of the state, which with time will happen.

My nomination is Josh Minton-Pulaski SW High School.

Here is a piece from the article from the Cats Pause on Mintons game against Corbin

One of the Bluegrass State's elite prospects in the Class of 2006, Minton turned in a huge performance on Saturday in leading his Southwestern squad to a 16-3 victory over Corbin in the Bob Allen Pigskin Classic at Danville. The 6-foot-2, 241-pound defensive end recorded six tackles, three and a half sacks, three quarterback hurries and two pass break-ups to spearhead a stingy defensive effort by the Warriors.