Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daryl Thompson
I saw today where Daryl Thompson will be making his MLB debut tomorrow against the New York Yankees in Yankee Stadium. Here's my thing with bringing the kid up: I realize the Reds need help in the worst of ways in their starting rotation, but not even two months ago, this kid was in Double A. He's only made four starts for Louisville, and yeah, he's been nothing short of excellent (3-0, 3.25, 22 K, 4 BB), but Homer Bailey was the same way last year. He mowed down hitters left and right at Double A and Triple A, and IMO, it was a premature move on the management's part. It was still too early to bring him up this season, but they did anyway, and look how he did. Maybe Thompson really is ready, and maybe he can handle the big stage better than Bailey. I sure hope so. I just hope this call-up doesn't come back to bite the Reds organization in the behind. What do you all think?
What a way to be impressive in your MLB debut to go up against the Yanks. Hope he does good and doesn't flop like Bailey.
Nice debut for this guy. I really liked watching him work.
I can't believe how many young pitchers the reds have. They're not to bad either.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I saw today where Daryl Thompson will be making his MLB debut tomorrow against the New York Yankees in Yankee Stadium. Here's my thing with bringing the kid up: I realize the Reds need help in the worst of ways in their starting rotation, but not even two months ago, this kid was in Double A. He's only made four starts for Louisville, and yeah, he's been nothing short of excellent (3-0, 3.25, 22 K, 4 BB), but Homer Bailey was the same way last year. He mowed down hitters left and right at Double A and Triple A, and IMO, it was a premature move on the management's part. It was still too early to bring him up this season, but they did anyway, and look how he did. Maybe Thompson really is ready, and maybe he can handle the big stage better than Bailey. I sure hope so. I just hope this call-up doesn't come back to bite the Reds organization in the behind. What do you all think?

He pitched great and certainly didnt "FLOP". He pitched 5 scoreless innings allowing only 4 hits. This kid is the next big thing. He is young but when it is all said and done i think he will be great.
He impressed me alot and what a way to debut, beating the Yankee's.
he took the subway to Yankee Stadium and got lost, lol....VERY IMPRESSIVE!!!!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:he took the subway to Yankee Stadium and got lost, lol....VERY IMPRESSIVE!!!!

Yeah they were talking about it on ESPN and said he ended up in Brooklyn I think it was! Lost or not he had a great outing, just wish he could have gotten a win.
-STAT- Wrote:Yeah they were talking about it on ESPN and said he ended up in Brooklyn I think it was! Lost or not he had a great outing, just wish he could have gotten a win.

He didn't loose. The Reds won the game 6-0. He was credited with a no-decision.