Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank a district? District 8 Class A
Rank District 8 how you think the will finish the season..

1. Pikeville
2. Paintsville
3. Hazard
4. South Floyd
5. Allen Central
6. Jenkins
7. Phelps

Please share your predictiosn.
1. Pikeville
2. Paintsville
3. Hazard
4. South Floyd
5. Allen Central
6. Jenkins
7. Phelps

Pikeville may have lost in the Pike County Bowl. But keep in mind the team they played. Pikeville played poorly against Perry Central. Ill think as the season progresses they will continue to improve.
I agree with QQ 8)
1. Pikeville till somebody in that district proves they can beat m.
2. Hazard lookd damn good this week vs perry
3. Paintsville also look damn good vs fairview
4. South Floyd Beat a not so good magoffin team purry bad .
5. Allen Central May take the 4 from South Floyd..
6. Phelps
7. Jenkins
1.Pikeville
2.Hazard
3.Paintsville
4.South Floyd
5.Allen Central
6.Jenkins
7.Phelps
PHSFAN Wrote:1.Pikeville
2.Hazard
3.Paintsville
4.South Floyd
5.Allen Central
6.Jenkins
7.Phelps

Hey PHSFAN, How did Pikeville look. Im basing mine soley on what Im hearing and the scores Ive witness. Do you think will be able to run the table in the district this year yet again?
torQQue Wrote:
PHSFAN Wrote:1.Pikeville
2.Hazard
3.Paintsville
4.South Floyd
5.Allen Central
6.Jenkins
7.Phelps

Hey PHSFAN, How did Pikeville look. Im basing mine soley on what Im hearing and the scores Ive witness. Do you think will be able to run the table in the district this year yet again?

I think they will run the table QQ in district but their offense has to come around. I posted my observations in the NCC-Pikeville thread. I know that you trust my view and know that I am not just being a homer. Pikeville's defense looked very good but the offesne was horrible QQ. They gave NCC great field position all night and could not hold on to the ball. They were running around like a chicken with its head cut off...it was painful to watch. I'm telling you QQ if the offense comes around they will be very good come playoff time and they will win Region 4 IMO because for the most part(besides some missed tackles)their defense looked a lot better than last year.
Ya, I know you have high football IQ. I guess I just needed to hear it from someone that has personally witnessed the Panthers play this year.. In that case Im going back on my original selection.

8)

I personally would like to see the Raiders and Panthers at the top of the district again this year.
torQQue Wrote:I personally would like to see the Raiders and Panthers at the top of the district again this year.

8)

I second that and I would like to see those 2 teams be at the top every year.
torQQue Wrote:Ya, I know you have high football IQ. I guess I just needed to hear it from someone that has personally witnessed the Panthers play this year.. In that case Im going back on my original selection.

8)

I personally would like to see the Raiders and Panthers at the top of the district again this year.

Much better torQQue 8)
I have seen Pikeville practice and play. I saw them against NCC, and for someone to say their D is a lot better after losing Sullivan and Shurtleff is crazy. The game the other night could've got a lot worse if they hadn't called the dogs off midway through 3. The offense needs time to gel, but so does the secondary. They can not play solid coverage. A team that can air it out on them will walk away with the W. A team that has a solid ground attack while they are still missing tackles and shying up from contact will win the game. And a team that can do both will give them fits all night. Pikeville is struggling and I predict Hazard to beat them and possibly Paintsville depending on how their injured players return. The panthers have HHS and PHS in back to back weeks and that is not going to be any easy task. I look for PHS to slide in at 3, Paintsille at 2, and Hazard winning the district this year. You may ask why Hazard, Paintsville and Pikeville's secondary isn't all that great. I look for Hazard to pass their way to a district championship.
TBIRD Wrote:I have seen Pikeville practice and play. I saw them against NCC, and for someone to say their D is a lot better after losing Sullivan and Shurtleff is crazy. The game the other night could've got a lot worse if they hadn't called the dogs off midway through 3. The offense needs time to gel, but so does the secondary. They can not play solid coverage. A team that can air it out on them will walk away with the W. A team that has a solid ground attack while they are still missing tackles and shying up from contact will win the game. And a team that can do both will give them fits all night. Pikeville is struggling and I predict Hazard to beat them and possibly Paintsville depending on how their injured players return. The panthers have HHS and PHS in back to back weeks and that is not going to be any easy task. I look for PHS to slide in at 3, Paintsille at 2, and Hazard winning the district this year. You may ask why Hazard, Paintsville and Pikeville's secondary isn't all that great. I look for Hazard to pass their way to a district championship.

Pikeville defense looked better against NCC than they did Beechwood last year and I think NCC is on the same level as Beeechwood last year. Pikeville's offense gave NCC GREAT field position all night which hurt the Pikeville defense. The Pikeville defense was on the field all night with the offesne going 3 and out over and over. I guarantee that Hazard nor Paintsville defesne could have played NCC as tough as Pikeville did. NCC is just on another level than any team in our district...sad but true. Pikeville and Hazard will be a great game and be for the district championship. Paintsville will not beat Pikeville at Pikeville. If they do I will eat my crow but I don't see the Tigers leaving Pikeville with a win.