Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Euton ruled ineligible
Here's a question. Euton and Jackson are both ruled ineligible. If this isn't overturned, could they go back to Rose Hill and play next year or are they ineligible for the school year no matter where they attend school?
The whole Euton and Jackson deal is this in a nutshell; there is a school in the city area that has already shown to have alot of political pull with the Khsaa that is expected to compete for a 11th region title and maybe a state title and now that Jackson and Euton has transferred to Scott County, that would make things alot tougher for the school to even get out of the region. So, the real wolf crying foul right now very well could be a school that knows there chances are going out the window if these two kids end up being ruled eligible.
OutsideLogic Wrote:The whole Euton and Jackson deal is this in a nutshell; there is a school in the city area that has already shown to have alot of political pull with the Khsaa that is expected to compete for a 11th region title and maybe a state title and now that Jackson and Euton has transferred to Scott County, that would make things alot tougher for the school to even get out of the region. So, the real wolf crying foul right now very well could be a school that knows there chances are going out the window if these two kids end up being ruled eligible.

I'm no big fan of the KHSAA; however, rules and guidelines when it comes to transfers ensure competitive fairness. Euton and Jackson et. al can play AAU ball together. But, when it comes to what they are attempting to do, I think the KHSAA is correct in denying.
thecavemaster Wrote:I'm no big fan of the KHSAA; however, rules and guidelines when it comes to transfers ensure competitive fairness. Euton and Jackson et. al can play AAU ball together. But, when it comes to what they are attempting to do, I think the KHSAA is correct in denying.

What about the parents? Should the KHSAA deny the parents the chance to better themselves. That is in a sense what the KHSAA is doing, they are telling Mr. Euton just because he lost his job that he shouldn't be able to move to a place to better himself plus better his son's situation. I agree with you somewhat, but the queen has too much power and doesn't have to answer to anyone. I still don't think an organization should have complete power to say a family can't move without their child being ruled ineligible. Isn't high about preparing for college? What if a child has no chance financially of going to school unless it is by the athletic route? Should the KHSAA be allowed to say that the family can't put their child in a better situation to go to college?
I think the stupid KHSAA should have no say in where someone goes to school. Not all the good players are gonna go to the same school if allowed like the KHSAA thinks, there wouldn't be enough playing time if the top 10 players in the state all went to the same school. This is the same way in college, people shouldn't have to sit a year for transferring, they're trying to better themselves, not just trying to win a championship like everyone thinks. Kids should be allowed to go anywhere their parents will allow them, because not all kids can go to college on academic scholarships, some need that athletic background to make a push toward their future.
OutsideLogic Wrote:What about the parents? Should the KHSAA deny the parents the chance to better themselves. That is in a sense what the KHSAA is doing, they are telling Mr. Euton just because he lost his job that he shouldn't be able to move to a place to better himself plus better his son's situation. I agree with you somewhat, but the queen has too much power and doesn't have to answer to anyone. I still don't think an organization should have complete power to say a family can't move without their child being ruled ineligible. Isn't high about preparing for college? What if a child has no chance financially of going to school unless it is by the athletic route? Should the KHSAA be allowed to say that the family can't put their child in a better situation to go to college?

In my opinion, the desires of parents do NOT trump the overall goal of competitive fairness. I think the KHSAA should protect competitive fairness as its highest priority. I think if a kid can play, coaches find them.
thecavemaster Wrote:
In my opinion, the desires of parents do NOT trump the overall goal of competitive fairness. I think the KHSAA should protect competitive fairness as its highest priority. I think if a kid can play, coaches find them.

I agree somewhat with you but a mid major talent could get seen if he was at a better school that played in front of more college coaches and could upgrade his situation. I am very anti recruiting but not near as much as I am anti the KHSAA being able to do what ever they want with no repercussions what so ever. The queen has too much power as I have said before.
OutsideLogic Wrote:I agree somewhat with you but a mid major talent could get seen if he was at a better school that played in front of more college coaches and could upgrade his situation. I am very anti recruiting but not near as much as I am anti the KHSAA being able to do what ever they want with no repercussions what so ever. The queen has too much power as I have said before.

We agree on the KHSAA being in need of some changes. I think, in all reality, a lot of coaches do a majority of looking in the summer at all the Blue Chip type camps. Plus, a helpful head coach sends out tapes.
The KHSAA does not make the rules, the rules are made and agreed upon by the schools. Regarding transfers.........Any kid that transfers is automatically ineligible to participate. And only after the KHSAA looks at the situation and and grants them eligibilty may they play. It isn't a case were everyone that transfers is eligible unless the KHSAA rules otherwise, its the opposite.
letthebighogroot Wrote:Yeah, I think all parents want their children to be successful..........But are they parents...................or pimps?? Euton would have had success no matter where he attended HS, just so happens that he and 3 other of his AAU teammates decide to transfer to the same HS within a month???? He's not a free agent. He's a child, his dad isn't an agent, he is/should be a father. His son has a scholly offer and has committed to UK, he's already a success. The reasons behind this transfer................................self-serving on Mr. Euton's part.

So very true.:Thumbs:
Nobody's answered my question! If Euton and Jackson are continued to be ruled ineligible, are they ineligible from playing for ANY team next year or only Scott County?
Sponge Bob Wrote:Nobody's answered my question! If Euton and Jackson are continued to be ruled ineligible, are they ineligible from playing for ANY team next year or only Scott County?

Well, they would have to have another change of residence and transfer from Scott Co. Or if this persists, I suppose they could go to a private school, and possibly play immediately. The way the bylaw reads is if you transfer, you are ineligible for a year. I figure that also applies to a second, or third transfer as well.
If the Euton family moved to G-town, he should be eligible... No if and buts about it according to the KHSAA By-laws in the way I read them.

On a side note, with the UK recruiting: Is there any chance that could they apply to play in the KHSAA in a couple of years?