Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals release LB Odell Thurman
http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6800

I am really shocked at this move but they must know something we don't
Stupid, stupid Bengals is all I can say. They have always been a joke, and this just validates why. Why do you hang onto him for 2 years if you're going to cut him once reinstated? He is cut because he didn't attend VOLUNTARY workouts. If that's the case, then cut Chad Johnson, cut TJ Houshmanzadeh, and all the other 70+ Bengals that probably don't attend the workouts. What a lousy excuse for an organization. I really hope the Steelers, Ravens, or Browns pick him up and he tears the Bengals a new butthole.
BCF4L Wrote:Stupid, stupid Bengals is all I can say. They have always been a joke, and this just validates why. Why do you hang onto him for 2 years if you're going to cut him once reinstated? He is cut because he didn't attend VOLUNTARY workouts. If that's the case, then cut Chad Johnson, cut TJ Houshmanzadeh, and all the other 70+ Bengals that probably don't attend the workouts. What a lousy excuse for an organization. I really hope the Steelers, Ravens, or Browns pick him up and he tears the Bengals a new butthole.

I would have to agree with ya there. Thurman just got reinstated and was trying to make changes with his life and now he gets released. Moves like this make me dispise the Bengal organization more and more everyday and still they have Chad Johnson who will possibly set out the whole season. Way to go Cincy.
BCF4L Wrote:Stupid, stupid Bengals is all I can say. They have always been a joke, and this just validates why. Why do you hang onto him for 2 years if you're going to cut him once reinstated? He is cut because he didn't attend VOLUNTARY workouts. If that's the case, then cut Chad Johnson, cut TJ Houshmanzadeh, and all the other 70+ Bengals that probably don't attend the workouts. What a lousy excuse for an organization. I really hope the Steelers, Ravens, or Browns pick him up and he tears the Bengals a new butthole.

Or the Broncos!!! Lol.

But I agree. This was a dumb move. Stupid reason to get rid of a player. But, they must have a reason for this.
Well I know that the move was shocking, but I could have swore that ESPN said they released him due to family reasons...

But as for hanging on to him, I don't think that they could cut him till he was reinstated. Furthermore, if you was a player who had been suspended for 2 seasons and now you are eligiable to play, would you miss any workouts? Whether they be voluntary or not?

I think, with what we know so far, that he had his chance and he let them down by not going to the workout.
I really don't think it's because he missed any workouts.

None of the players have come out saying anything, which they'd be ****ED if that ws why he got cut.

Had to be something else.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Well like I said, ESPN first said ti was due to family reasons. But if it was because he missed a workout then I still say get rid of him.
Well his "family reasons" were the fact that the person that raised him (his grandmother) had taken ill and was admitted into the hospital. She died about a week after being put in the hospital. His mother and father both died when he was young, so his grandmother was basically all that he knew. I don't blame him at all for missing voluntary practice to attend the funeral and take care of the business afterwards. This is a choice that you have to make of which is more important, family or sports; and he chose the right one.