Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central and Paintsville
i'm sick and tired of every one getting on here and saying all this crap about paintsville being the best team in the region. How many times have they won the regional tournement in the past few years. Johnson Central is better and everyone will see it come marchmadness and by the way who won districts last year. It wasnt the sexiest man alive;s ball team(phs).
It's their opinion and they can say it....you don't think so, and you have the right on this board to express that.

But just a warning...NO PERSONAL ATTACKS IN THIS THREAD!...
Maybe the people from Paintsville are sick and tired of JCHS saying they're going to be the best in the region also. Yes JCHS did win districts but they were playing a bunch of freshman and I hope that upperclassmen can beat 14 year old boys. Johnson Central has yet to win a state title of any sort, but Paintsville has had 4 state champions from my knowledge. For JCHS to be as big they should beat a 1A school year in and year out. Not bashing either school but the Eagles should dominate, maybe they will and maybe they won't....just have to wait and see. Another thing, I'd hate to coach JCHS anyway because a reward for winning that district championship is losing your job and a swift kick in the pants as a consolation gift. JMO.
Honestly the two best teams in the 57th district are right across the creek from one another. Both are tops teams in the region, but statistically JCHS should dominate Paintsville in everything. Paintsville has like 400 in our entire highschool which includes the seventh and eighth grades. Normally we get sick of listening to how AWESOME you all are gonna be and how you're gonna beat us. I know... trust me. About half way through last season I got sick of hearing about your alls "super seventeen year old sophmore" and how he was gonna dominated our barely fiteen year old freshman. Last time I got on here it was mainly the central crowd hyping up McCarty and how awesome you all are gonna be. But who knows anything can happen between now and the start of the season. Right now Paintsville may not be the best team in the region but in the next two years I think they will be. Anyways Landon had one bad night... it was just too bad it had to be the District tourney. Well once March rolls around we'll find out who's better. Maybe Coach Starns can actually make a "team" out of the central boys, instead of the one man show we had been seeing.
Johnson Central is the best team in the region next year IMO with Paintsville right behind them...followed by Betsy Lane (transfer 6'5..dunno if true or not) and Sheldon Clark(transfer). McCarty is a great ball player who works on his game all year around. I see him sometimes lifting weights, has a very good work ethic, and is stronger. I have read many threads bashing, critizing McCarty's play...this kid can play. Great jumpshot, is almost unstoppable when driving to the hoop and has the leaping ability to throw down a thunderous dunk for the finish. With Coach Starns style of play, I look for McCarty to have a BIG year next year. He has the talent and with good players like Kyle Rice, Jessie Meek and Tyler Whitaker surrounding him anything can happen..

"Anyways Landon had one bad night... it was just too bad it had to be the District tourney."

Good players play good sometimes..Great players step up in big games and find a way to win. Everytime the game is on the line..McCarty has yet to upset his team on the last second shot(4/4 )

The 57th District is the toughest district in the 15th. Should be exciting come march.

"Right now Paintsville may not be the best team in the region but in the next two years I think they will be."

Exactly...in 2008 I look for them to go to state....now....nope...next year...nope..

Let the debating begin...
Sounds like you know McCarty pretty good....I still don't see JCHS beating Paintsville this season, but if they do congrats in advance.
McCarty lifting weights??? Smile Smile Smile My granny has bigger arms than he does and she is only 5'5 120 lbs. He can't mix it down low with the big boys because he gets pushed around. The only reason he is able to work on his game year round because he doesn't play anything else like a lot of boys do in high school. I hope he doesn't plan on making a career out of basketball because he would become real good friends with Mr. Eric C. Conn. NO one in the 15th is going to go pro, focus on your education, that will take you as far as you want to go. Great jump shot? No, he has no jump shot, he has the floating prayer down pretty good though. I have never seen him throw down a monsterous dunk in a game, warm-ups barely got it down but it doesn't count there. He is an out of control type player, that doesn't make anyone else better on the team. Last year I saw Stapleton open numerous times under the basket instead he would do some type of crazy junk shot that almost ALWAYS missed turning JC away with nothing to show from a good defensive stand. Best of luck to him though.
Logically, Paintsville is the favorite between these two schools. Paintsville returns everyone, and Central lost some good players. Thats just stating the facts, and you Central kids cant get on here and say that losing Nick Music, Josh Stapleton, and Tony Hatfield isnt a major loss cause it is. That would be like me getting on here and saying that Paintsville is the favorite to win the Apple Bowl this year..we all know thats not true.
"marchmadness" Wrote:i'm sick and tired of every one getting on here and saying all this crap about paintsville being the best team in the region. How many times have they won the regional tournement in the past few years. Johnson Central is better and everyone will see it come marchmadness and by the way who won districts last year. It wasnt the sexiest man alive;s ball team(phs).

um haha whose the "sexiest man alive"?
"go panthers!!!" Wrote:
"marchmadness" Wrote:i'm sick and tired of every one getting on here and saying all this crap about paintsville being the best team in the region. How many times have they won the regional tournement in the past few years. Johnson Central is better and everyone will see it come marchmadness and by the way who won districts last year. It wasnt the sexiest man alive;s ball team(phs).

um haha whose the "sexiest man alive"?

ME Smile Smile Smile Smile
"Shooting Star" Wrote:Johnson Central is the best team in the region next year IMO with Paintsville right behind them...followed by Betsy Lane (transfer 6'5..dunno if true or not) and Sheldon Clark(transfer). McCarty is a great ball player who works on his game all year around. I see him sometimes lifting weights, has a very good work ethic, and is stronger. I have read many threads bashing, critizing McCarty's play...this kid can play. Great jumpshot, is almost unstoppable when driving to the hoop and has the leaping ability to throw down a thunderous dunk for the finish. With Coach Starns style of play, I look for McCarty to have a BIG year next year. He has the talent and with good players like Kyle Rice, Jessie Meek and Tyler Whitaker surrounding him anything can happen..

"Anyways Landon had one bad night... it was just too bad it had to be the District tourney."

Good players play good sometimes..Great players step up in big games and find a way to win. Everytime the game is on the line..McCarty has yet to upset his team on the last second shot(4/4 )

The 57th District is the toughest district in the 15th. Should be exciting come march.

"Right now Paintsville may not be the best team in the region but in the next two years I think they will be."

Exactly...in 2008 I look for them to go to state....now....nope...next year...nope..

Let the debating begin...

Okay WAIT, you're saying great players step up in big games, but at the same time you are using this to declassify Landon Slone... but answer me this, when is the last time you went into the 15th regional tournament as a freshman against the region's best team and put up FIFTY points? Or, for that matter, when is the last time McCarty did it?
"JKWON33" Wrote:ME Smile Smile Smile Smile
It said "sexiest man alive" not the funniest man alive
All I'm going to say (for now anyway) is that it will be the 4 best games in the region next year.