Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I cannot wait until LCC takes the field
Does anyone know how strong this offense can be.HOT IS ALL I CAN SAY!!!!!!:letsparty :letsparty :letsparty
Who all do they lose? That is a big deal....Banks and Brock come back? We wanted to play them this year but they refused, I guess after us being their only reg. season loss last year they didnt want to play us...idk...
Banks is back at qb but Brock graduated. Caleb Frazier will most likely move to the backfield on offense. Greg Collins, Dustin Brown, and speedsters Kevin Wurshmidt and Chase Adams along with sure-handed Mckenzie Smith will all be counted on to contribute to the offense. The o-line is an unknown with a very talented group of newcomers vying for positions. Defensively. they only lost one starter I believe, so they should be solid.As for playing Hazard---schedules change yearly.Maybe LCC wanted someone they may possibly play again in the playoffs. I noticed a change or two in hazard's schedule also. You never know what's going on with those type things. I just know that both are mountain teams and I wish them the best.
A Decent Lineman Wrote:Who all do they lose? That is a big deal....Banks and Brock come back? We wanted to play them this year but they refused, I guess after us being their only reg. season loss last year they didnt want to play us...idk...

We didn't refuse! If you should know, the first game of the year for us is a bowl game and our superintendant wants someone new every year. We have still not found someone to play in that spot. Don't get on here and talk about stuff that you do not know to be true.
I can honestly say this team is not afraid of anything or any team,trust me I know.
HazzBeen Wrote:We didn't refuse! If you should know, the first game of the year for us is a bowl game and our superintendant wants someone new every year. We have still not found someone to play in that spot. Don't get on here and talk about stuff that you do not know to be true.

i meant no disrespect by that post..i think it came out wrong. I like all the boys down at LCC and love playing there. I really enjoyed that game last year...and I just didnt know why they would refuse playing us and that was the only logical reason i could come up with. Chill guys...my bad..lol
d10n Wrote:Does anyone know how strong this offense can be.HOT IS ALL I CAN SAY!!!!!!:letsparty :letsparty :letsparty

It's going to take a lot of work to get the offense where it was last year. I think they will do it though.
d10n Wrote:I can honestly say this team is not afraid of anything or any team,trust me I know.

i would love to play you all..
(It's going to take a lot of work to get the offense where it was last year. I think they will do it though)

Sometimes I think you don't have the confidence you claim to have for these boys......Is it because your sad you have to leave?
I hoped LCC's schedule would be tougher this year but i guess not i got a look at a "tenative" schedule a few days ago and was disapointed. As a season ticket holder I like to see the boys play good competition, teams like Highlands and even hazard who was the toughest game last year. I think the only way they'll be able to get to that next level is if they schedule high caliber teams and the teams they'll have to beat to get there like highlands...............Go Cougars!!!!
I saw on the Freshmen and JV schedules that we (Harlan County High School) are supposed to play Letcher County this year. I'm anxious to come see your field and see how our boys compete over there. In the past couple of years our middle school has played Whitesburg and East Letcher. We came out ahead both times. Anxious to see how this consolidation works out.
Kyboy13 Wrote:I hoped LCC's schedule would be tougher this year but i guess not i got a look at a "tenative" schedule a few days ago and was disapointed. As a season ticket holder I like to see the boys play good competition, teams like Highlands and even hazard who was the toughest game last year. I think the only way they'll be able to get to that next level is if they schedule high caliber teams and the teams they'll have to beat to get there like highlands...............Go Cougars!!!!

As long as you are in the same class as Highlands you will never see LCC and Highlands, or CovCath, Johnson Central, Lincoln County, Ashland, etc... Howard will not play a regular season game against a team he may have to see again in the playoffs.

DATE
OPPONENT

SITE

SCORE

Sep 5, '08 Greenup County Letcher County Central - 8:00 PM
Sep 12, '08 Perry County Central Perry County Central - 7:30 PM
Sep 19, '08 Clay County Letcher County Central - 7:30 PM
Sep 26, '08 North Laurel North Laurel - 7:30 PM
Oct 3, '08 Leslie County Leslie County - 7:30 PM
Oct 10, '08 Whitley County Letcher County Central - 7:30 PM
Oct 17, '08 East Ridge East Ridge - 7:30 PM
Oct 31, '08 Bourbon County Letcher County Central - 7:30 PM
Nov 7, '08 Lawrence County Lawrence County - 7:30 PM

Supposedly, the final game added to LCC's schedule is the new Harlan County High School.

Very weak schedule, no reason LCC shouldn't go 10-0, at worst I see 8-2.
Kyboy13 Wrote:I hoped LCC's schedule would be tougher this year but i guess not i got a look at a "tenative" schedule a few days ago and was disapointed. As a season ticket holder I like to see the boys play good competition, teams like Highlands and even hazard who was the toughest game last year. I think the only way they'll be able to get to that next level is if they schedule high caliber teams and the teams they'll have to beat to get there like highlands...............Go Cougars!!!!

We are at the end of a two year contract with the teams on our schedule. Before last year we had a hard time competing with these schools. Harlan County is now our first game of the year and I think they will be very tough this coming year. Whitley, Clay, Perry County, and North Laurel are all tough games also. Anytime you play against 5A competition, you don't have any easy games.
Oh i didnt know there was a 2 yr. contract that makes sense..........Still would like to see one or two "High Caliber" teams in the reg. season though just to see how the boys stack up to the states best.....JMO
You Will Just Be Patient My Friend.
falcon Wrote:(It's going to take a lot of work to get the offense where it was last year. I think they will do it though)

Sometimes I think you don't have the confidence you claim to have for these boys......Is it because your sad you have to leave?

I don't understand what you're saying. If you would actually read my post you would see that I said that I thought they would get there. I just said it's going to take a lot of work, and it will. So far, they're doing all of that work and then some.
Hope LCC has a GREAT year !! Looking forward to watching them play !!!
Mama Bear Wrote:I saw on the Freshmen and JV schedules that we (Harlan County High School) are supposed to play Letcher County this year. I'm anxious to come see your field and see how our boys compete over there. In the past couple of years our middle school has played Whitesburg and East Letcher. We came out ahead both times. Anxious to see how this consolidation works out.

if I am not mistaken....wms didn't loose a game until the championship last year. So when did you guys beat whitesburg middle school?
I'm sorry I should have made myself clearer. We defeated Whitesburg in '06, East Letcher in '07. The way the school year ends, I sometimes get my dates messed up when referring to football season. It was a great game as I remember, a bunch of tough youngins. I had heard that we might get to play Whitesburg at home, I hope that is true. That drive across that mountain is something though.
HazzBeen Wrote:We are at the end of a two year contract with the teams on our schedule. Before last year we had a hard time competing with these schools. Harlan County is now our first game of the year and I think they will be very tough this coming year. Whitley, Clay, Perry County, and North Laurel are all tough games also. Anytime you play against 5A competition, you don't have any easy games.

This will be Harlan County's first game they may have to play a few to get a feel for one another, but they will have some talent. Should be a good game!