Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OSU and Gillispie: Should we be getting nervous?
HawksRule Wrote:If Gillispie was to take the OSU job then who takes over at Kentucky

Either Pelphrey or Travis Ford would be the common sense top two candidates.
I don't see Billy G going anywhere right now, he likes the challenge and I think he really likes the fact that he is coaching the best program in college basketball history. If you remember when they introduced him as head coach he said he felt like he was coming to the Yankees of College Basketball, but if it comes down to the money and he leaves I see John Pelphrey getting the job. I would rather him than Travis Ford to be honest, but I hope Billy stays.
Captain_44 Wrote:I don't see Billy G going anywhere right now, he likes the challenge and I think he really likes the fact that he is coaching the best program in college basketball history. If you remember when they introduced him as head coach he said he felt like he was coming to the Yankees of College Basketball, but if it comes down to the money and he leaves I see John Pelphrey getting the job. I would rather him than Travis Ford to be honest, but I hope Billy stays.

Oh I definitely agree, I just think we need someone who knows what it means to be a C-A-T-S as well as knowing the tradition of UK basketball.
BCF4L Wrote:OSU has already came out and said they will not pursue Gillispie. Said they didn't like his background. They are going after Stallings from Vanderbilt now.

Where did you see/hear this? If it was a website or if you think it could be found on a website, look it up and give us the link please!
Amun-Ra Wrote:I dont see him leaving and now I hope he stays for 30 years just because it makes Bravesfan mad....

Same here!:rockon:
UK assistant Jeremy Cox says that Gillispie is staying put.

http://www.kentucky.com/232/story/374193.html