Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'd like to hear your best bass fishing tips
I'd love to hear others best bass fishing tips they have. I'm talking form lures, colors, parts of the lake you fish, depths, objects you look for and action you use etc.
My first suggestion would be to keep it simple. Do not start out trying every method, lure that is out there. I would suggest get some spinnerbaits in white and White/Chartruse. Other lures that work just about anywhere are a plastic worm (again in basic colors...black, purrple, green pumpkin), the small in line spinners such as a rooster tail in white will catch anything that swims, Buzzbaits(white and black are the only two colors that I ever throw), topwater minnow type bait such as the rapala are always good choices as are shallow running (3-5 ft.) crankbaits in shad and/or crawdad patterns. There are several companies that make good crankbaits.
I would get one spinning outfit and a baitcasting outfit, learn to cast these reels. A medium to meduium heavy choice in rods are popular choices and will cover about any situation. As for line I definately can recommend Berkley Trilene with lb. test ranging from 8 to 10 lb. test on the spinning reel and 12 - 14 lb. test on the baitcasters. I recommend the clear lines in monofiliment.

I hope this helps and was the kind of info that you were looking for. Good Luck :thumpsup:
I've had a lot of luck this year using tubes in the morning and working them slow and using buzz (small) baits in the evening almost at dark in ponds and small lakes.