Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will be the top 3 defensive teams this season in the mountains?
Sheldon Clarks biggest problem was that belfry scored almost 90 points lol
EKUAlum05 Wrote:My opinion is based solely on watching the last scrimmage before the regular season starts, and scrimmages are in no way an excellent indicator.

But based on how easily Belfry moved the ball in varsity vs. varsity action I would say NO Hazard could not compete with those teams.

Once again it was a scrimmage, but Belfry carved up the Hazard defense while using a very limited of caries by Dustin May.

But like you said it was a srimmage.Belfry run all over everyone. They killed a great Breathitt County Squad who was undefeated until that game.
I believe we could compete with any of those teams but beating them would be a different story. If we played Bell, Belfry. Breathitt and Johnson Central i would say we would win 2 and lose 2.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Most of Breathitt points allowed were allowed by the JV and Freshmen

Bell County allowed about 9 points per game average. Bell's JV, Freshman, and Varsity were undefeated last year. Only Bell loss was to LC in regional championship. Needless to say much of Bell's playing time was by JV and Freshmen players in second half of many games. That alone should show the strength of their defense and the one yet to come in 2008.
hazard_rb33 Wrote:I believe we could compete with any of those teams but beating them would be a different story. If we played Bell, Belfry. Breathitt and Johnson Central i would say we would win 2 and lose 2.

Smile 0-4, average loss = 28 pts.
hazard_rb33 Wrote:I believe we could compete with any of those teams but beating them would be a different story. If we played Bell, Belfry. Breathitt and Johnson Central i would say we would win 2 and lose 2.

Which two would you win?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Which two would you win?

Only two teams that Hazard would come close to defeating out of the 4 is Breathitt & Johnson Central. JMO
Johnson Central and Breatitt would be the two teams i would guess. Its good that hazard plays Johnson Central this year to see how well they stack up.
bac2369 Wrote:Hazard could compete with any of those teams last year but maybe not of won but that is really my opinion. And saying that Breathitt could score 30 on a bad on Hazard is just insult. They only played 3 teams that I would classify to the caliber of Hazard and that is Prestonsburg which they won by 5 points, beat Russell by 3 points, and then got hammered by a Belfry team. They only beat Cawood team by 14 points whose record was 4-7 not real impressive in my opinion( not putting Cawood down neither because there quarterback was super). Sure they beat a Lexington Christian team but so did hazard. But I will say this though Breathitt was a very impressive team which airing the ball out and running it right down your throat , but I don't think the will be nearly as good as last year.

I agree hazard is quick up front and have hard nose linebackers and some of the most athletic cb's and a safety that can cover the feild well. to say breathitt could put up 30 on a bad day is a joke
It wasn't really the Honaker "twins" more Ted & Tim really didn't do much after the Ashland game last year.
9 starters is an improvement to any teams defense,LCC will be solid. They did get scored on. IMO those scores will be cut in half this go-round!!!
the sniper4 Wrote:It wasn't really the Honaker "twins" more Ted & Tim really didn't do much after the Ashland game last year.

Not just the twins, the whole defense didnt do much. As mentioned earlier, Pikeville does not need to be mentioned in this thread beacuse they havent been good for some time now.