Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ky. Man in Trouble!
Riding While Intoxicated

SOMERSET, Ky. (AP) — A man has been charged with drunken driving — for riding a horse while allegedly intoxicated.

Millard Greg Dwyer, 42, was arrested Sunday night after he rode his horse onto a downtown street in front of an off-duty state trooper, Somerset Police Lt. Allan Coomer said.

Trooper Martin Wesley told local officers that Dwyer looked like he was about to fall off the horse.

Coomer said Dwyer admitted to being drunk and told officers that he had ridden the horse from Fishing Creek, which was about 5 miles away.

Dwyer told officers that he had consumed about a 12-pack of beer, Coomer said. Dwyer failed sobriety tests, Coomer said, and was charged with operating a vehicle other than a motor vehicle under the influence of intoxicants.

A breath test showed Dwyer's alcohol level at .244, more than three times the limit, Coomer said.

Dwyer was released from the Pulaski County Detention Center Monday, jail officials said. He faces a fine of between $20-$100, plus court costs, Coomer said.

Coomer said the arrest was "very unusual," but Somerset police have arrested others for similar violations, such as riding a bicycle and a lawn mower under the influence.
:lol:
this was all over the news a few days ago and since no one on here posted about it i figured that i was share this hilarious story going on pretty close by.
for one they should be able to get him for anything more than public intoxication. you can't drive a horse. it has a mind of its own. and yes this is very funny...
that is almost the statement that the accussed man made, he said how could he drive something with a mind of its own..

agreed VV.
yea if they give him a DUI he is gettin a raw deal.
that was his point, he wasnt in control of the horse so technically he wasnt driving but he pretty much just riding. dui is for driving under the influence and from what we are seeing the man wasnt technically driving.

you should have seen the interview on the news, he was so hick like his accent was something awful and well it just make me crack up seeing this huge, head of a holler, more than ordinary redneck talking about getting a dui for being on a horse. cracked me up. just his THICK, THICK accent.