Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VOIP telephone service?
Has anyone tried the new VOIP phone services out there. I just bundled my cable, internet and phone with Time Warner. Saved 40-50 per month total. Get more cable channels but the best part is that I get free long distance to the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. Grand total of 29.95 per month for each plus tax.

So far so good. My fax machine works with it too. Clarity is great and it's all on one bill. My modem also came with a back up battery that will give me phone service for 4 hours if the power goes out.
so how would I go about it on foothills here in fallsburg.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Batpuff Wrote:so how would I go about it on foothills here in fallsburg.

I don't know about foothills but Vonage is another VOIP service out there. I would assume they are about the same. I have heard bad things about VOIP but I have it now and so far I love it. No problems at all.

Does Foothills offer high speed internet and such?
Midee1 Wrote:I don't know about foothills but Vonage is another VOIP service out there. I would assume they are about the same. I have heard bad things about VOIP but I have it now and so far I love it. No problems at all.

Does Foothills offer high speed internet and such?

They offer fiber net which is something like high speed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Midee1 Wrote:Has anyone tried the new VOIP phone services out there. I just bundled my cable, internet and phone with Time Warner. Saved 40-50 per month total. Get more cable channels but the best part is that I get free long distance to the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. Grand total of 29.95 per month for each plus tax.

So far so good. My fax machine works with it too. Clarity is great and it's all on one bill. My modem also came with a back up battery that will give me phone service for 4 hours if the power goes out.

Yea but when it goes to regular price you willbe payin $1,368.87 for your monthly servie then what are ya gonna do.. Teasing, but what does it go to when your break ends.. I would find out..
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Batpuff Wrote:They offer fiber net which is something like high speed.

Is it DSL or cable? Mine is cable.

DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Yea but when it goes to regular price you willbe payin $1,368.87 for your monthly servie then what are ya gonna do.. Teasing, but what does it go to when your break ends.. I would find out..

The entire bill will only go up about 30 bucks overall. I made sure to ask before hand.:p

From about 110 to 140 which is still cheaper than I was paying for phone, cable and internet plus I get the extra channels and the unlimited long distance.
Midee1 Wrote:Is it DSL or cable? Mine is cable.

The entire bill will only go up about 30 bucks overall. I made sure to ask before hand.:p

From about 110 to 140 which is still cheaper than I was paying for phone, cable and internet plus I get the extra channels and the unlimited long distance.

I would just be careful with it. It seems that you're enjoying the service right now, which is good. But I used to work for a telephone company and I got customers from Time Warner all the time. They all said that once the "promotional" period was over the bill just kept going up and up. One lady had bundled all of hers together and she told me (before switching to us) that she had just paid $160 and change for her previous months bill.

Also, it's very hard for a regular phone company like Bellsouth, Southeast Telephone, or Windstream to switch you back from Time Warner's service. They set it up so differently that if you do ever want to switch away from Time Warner it will take you about a month or more just to switch it.

But, I'm sure that like most companies, the prices will be reasonable as long as you don't get behind or add on unneeded features. Just saying Wink
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:I would just be careful with it. It seems that you're enjoying the service right now, which is good. But I used to work for a telephone company and I got customers from Time Warner all the time. They all said that once the "promotional" period was over the bill just kept going up and up. One lady had bundled all of hers together and she told me (before switching to us) that she had just paid $160 and change for her previous months bill.

Also, it's very hard for a regular phone company like Bellsouth, Southeast Telephone, or Windstream to switch you back from Time Warner's service. They set it up so differently that if you do ever want to switch away from Time Warner it will take you about a month or more just to switch it.

But, I'm sure that like most companies, the prices will be reasonable as long as you don't get behind or add on unneeded features. Just saying Wink

Appreciate the info CE. I think that if after the year the service goes up to high I will just find alternate means to fax information. That is really the only reason that I have a phone at home anyway. Right now I have 7 cell phones so no problem with contacting anyone.
Midee1 Wrote:Appreciate the info CE. I think that if after the year the service goes up to high I will just find alternate means to fax information. That is really the only reason that I have a phone at home anyway. Right now I have 7 cell phones so no problem with contacting anyone.

Right....it's just a matter of time before landline telephones disappear all together. I don't have a home phone line...I just have a cell phone and cable internet.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I have my bundle through Big Sandy Broad Band and it never changes. I pay $120 a month for the highest speed internet, phone and cable and I love it.
What extra channels are you getting right now with the service...??????
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:What extra channels are you getting right now with the service...??????

They give you your choice of several different packages. We got the one with Boomerang because Zack likes jabberjaws and the jetsons.
I get the digital channels, HDTV channels 101 and up to 126 and then it starts to give you every other one.
Just wondering.