Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Four Thoughts
Pike County Central vs. Pikeville
Though the Hawks did not play their best against the Lady Tigers, Pike Central is still the team to beat in the region. It is their title to lose. Pikeville showed poise at the end of their game against Allen Central by knocking down vital free throws and showing they have a good post presence. Throw the records aside. These two are bitter rivals and it should be a great atmosphere. After all is said and done Friday night i'll take the Lady Hawks by 7.

Johnson Central vs. Betsy Layne
Johnson Central is determined. They came out and showed that Pike Central is not the only contender for the region title. Shelby Valley got behind early and the Lady Eagles just kept pouring it on. This one was ugly. If Johnson Central continues to play the way they are, watch out, the region trophy may be coming back to Johnson County. Betsy Layne continues to surprise everyone. They shocked the region with their blow out win over Belfry. The Lady Pirates were left speechless with the Lady Kats hot shooting. This one will be closer than most think but JC will eventually pull away and win by something along the lines of 12-15 points.

Congratulations to Belfry, Shelby Valley, Allen Central and Paintsville on making it to the region and having great seasons.
A special kudos to the Lady Tigers of Paintsville for not being intimidated by the defending 15th region champions on Tuesday night. Paintsville never quit and believed they could beat Pike Central. They took it right to the Lady Hawks. They almost came away with a huge upset. Way to go.

See you all Friday night.
great post!
Central05 Wrote:Pike County Central vs. Pikeville
Though the Hawks did not play their best against the Lady Tigers, Pike Central is still the team to beat in the region. It is their title to lose. Pikeville showed poise at the end of their game against Allen Central by knocking down vital free throws and showing they have a good post presence. Throw the records aside. These two are bitter rivals and it should be a great atmosphere. After all is said and done Friday night i'll take the Lady Hawks by 7.

Johnson Central vs. Betsy Layne
Johnson Central is determined. They came out and showed that Pike Central is not the only contender for the region title. Shelby Valley got behind early and the Lady Eagles just kept pouring it on. This one was ugly. If Johnson Central continues to play the way they are, watch out, the region trophy may be coming back to Johnson County. Betsy Layne continues to surprise everyone. They shocked the region with their blow out win over Belfry. The Lady Pirates were left speechless with the Lady Kats hot shooting. This one will be closer than most think but JC will eventually pull away and win by something along the lines of 12-15 points.

Congratulations to Belfry, Shelby Valley, Allen Central and Paintsville on making it to the region and having great seasons.
A special kudos to the Lady Tigers of Paintsville for not being intimidated by the defending 15th region champions on Tuesday night. Paintsville never quit and believed they could beat Pike Central. They took it right to the Lady Hawks. They almost came away with a huge upset. Way to go.

See you all Friday night.

If the Lady Hawks play defense like they did against Paintsville then there will be no finals for them. Playing some ZONE DEFENSE in spots could help them a bit, but................
hawkhead Wrote:If the Lady Hawks play defense like they did against Paintsville then there will be no finals for them. Playing some ZONE DEFENSE in spots could help them a bit, but................

I thought defensively they did fine about 90% of the shot Paintville took were contested shots. Where they got beat the majority of the time was on the transition game during their press on the 3 on 2 breaks. On the ball screens they did a nice job of sagging over and giving help defense. However, I do agree with you it would be nice to see a zone every now and then to keep the offense off balance and to just switch things up.:Thumbs:
good luck to all teams but i see pike central winning it all
i just want to say Paintsville lady tigers should be proud of the heart they played with last night.
rallo316 Wrote:i just want to say Paintsville lady tigers should be proud of the heart they played with last night.

I agree with you, number 32 i do not know her name but she played an incredible game last night. What grade is she in?
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I thought defensively they did fine about 90% of the shot Paintville took were contested shots. Where they got beat the majority of the time was on the transition game during their press on the 3 on 2 breaks. On the ball screens they did a nice job of sagging over and giving help defense. However, I do agree with you it would be nice to see a zone every now and then to keep the offense off balance and to just switch things up.:Thumbs:

hawkhead Wrote:If the Lady Hawks play defense like they did against Paintsville then there will be no finals for them. Playing some ZONE DEFENSE in spots could help them a bit, but................

I thought Lady Hawks favorite defense was a 1-3-1 zone? lol :flame: torched haha j/k

But anyway I thought Lady Hawks played exceptional D. Did anyone happen to see the calls made by the refs? lol
spidey Wrote:I thought Lady Hawks favorite defense was a 1-3-1 zone? lol :flame: torched haha j/k

But anyway I thought Lady Hawks played exceptional D. Did anyone happen to see the calls made by the refs? lol

I would think that many people saw the calls. What's your point?
They kept the game close.
People think just because of the final score that the lady hawks played horrible.
Thats not the case.
I wasn't impressed with Pike Central in the Paintsville game.

Johnson Central wins the 15th.
I think that JC will win the 15th