Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bath County Football 2008
Schedule is the same as last year except flip flop home and away. Prestonsburg has to come to Bath county and it should be an exciting game.

Bath county's key loss this year is Blandon Clemons out of the backfield but Aaron Ashby-Boyd is ready to fill in those shoes. He's a big play maker but he's never been the premier back. Zak Metz is still the anchor on defense and there's a lot of young players ready to step up next season. Now that some of you have become familiar with Bath county, how do you think they'll do next season?
With Boyd still in the backfield, they will still be tough to beat.
Agreed. I just don't know if he's ready to get all the touches. I don't think he'll get as many carries as Clemons did last year. I look for Bath county to hand the ball off to Metz this year at FB and McNabb at wingback.
They should be the #2 seed in the district but I don't think that they are on the same level as Prestonsburg to be able to compete with them. The Metz kid is there best player but he cannot do it by himself, but if the Wildcats want to compete with Prestonsburg then they are going to have to hit the weight room really hard this off-season because Prestonsburg basically man-handled them last season. Another problem I noticed was that they have a very slow offensive line. Each time Prestonsburg blitzed they were in the backfield making a play.

I'm not bashing Bath County football but I'm just telling you what I saw last season.
Oh it's agreed. Bath county has had trouble picking up blitz packages the last couple years but expect more of a spread offense to counter the blitz.
Nuffsaid23 Wrote:Agreed. I just don't know if he's ready to get all the touches. I don't think he'll get as many carries as Clemons did last year. I look for Bath county to hand the ball off to Metz this year at FB and McNabb at wingback.

True...I agree with blackcat_student also.
From what I've seen and heard Bath County will probably have their most athletic o-line in years. The kids are working hard in the weight room and are starting to show the desire and dedication it takes to be great.
i cannot wait until this game
Bath County will be handled by Pburg easily and narrowly defeat Shelby Valley for the 2 seed and a first round home playoff game.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Bath County will be handled by Pburg easily and narrowly defeat Shelby Valley for the 2 seed and a first round home playoff game.

Bath was tough last year and return quite a bit including a junior tailback that is as good as I have seen, don't know his name. I agree P-burg will get them, but I look for Bath to be a lot better this year. They were very athletic last year at about every position. I was suprised Shelby Valley beat them twice.
Nuffsaid23 Wrote:Oh it's agreed. Bath county has had trouble picking up blitz packages the last couple years but expect more of a spread offense to counter the blitz.

Bath Co. is at their best when they are in the power I in my opinion. Power football is their game, they have good running backs returning, with a good line. Play action would be a good asset for them.
NIECE Wrote:Bath was tough last year and return quite a bit including a junior tailback that is as good as I have seen, don't know his name. I agree P-burg will get them, but I look for Bath to be a lot better this year. They were very athletic last year at about every position. I was suprised Shelby Valley beat them twice.

I wasn't surprised about last year, Shelby Valley had a pretty good team. However, they lost a lot of important starters. So if Bath is indeed returning most of their lineup, I would have to agree that they are the early favorite to beat Valley and earn the #2 seed.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Let's hear what you think about them

Aug 29, '08 West Carter West Carter
-
7:30 PM Sep 5, '08 Lewis County Bath County
-
7:30 PM Sep 12, '08 Prestonsburg Bath County
-
7:30 PM Sep 19, '08 Williamsburg Williamsburg
-
7:30 PM Sep 26, '08 Shelby Valley Shelby Valley
-
7:00 PM Oct 3, '08 Powell County Bath County
-
7:30 PM Oct 10, '08 Morgan County Bath County
-
7:30 PM Oct 17, '08 Fairview Fairview
-
7:30 PM Oct 24, '08 Clinton County Bath County
-
8:00 PM Oct 31, '08 Open Bath County
-
Nov 7, '08 Nicholas County Nicholas County
-
7:30 PM
6-4 or 7-3

The schedule looks a little weak.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Bath County will be handled by Pburg easily and narrowly defeat Shelby Valley for the 2 seed and a first round home playoff game.

My thoughts as well.