Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds sign veteran starter Fogg
SARASOTA, Fla. -- For the Reds' younger rotation candidates, their chances of landing a starting spot just got harder. Free agent right-hander Josh Fogg signed a one-year, $1 million contract. The 31-year-old had talked with the Reds off and on throughout the winter before finally reaching a deal.
"It heated up here the last couple of weeks," Reds general manager Wayne Krivsky said. "Looking at the board of who was available, we thought he'd be a good fit."
Fogg was able to make the short drive to Sarasota from his home in Tampa and finalize his contract after he passed a physical.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/arti...p&c_id=cin
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Very nice pickup for the Reds, experienced pitching along with the young studs will be great for Cincy.
Yes, a VERY good pick up for the Reds..Fogg is a very dependable, solid addition to their staff, and will provide a lot of innings and quality starts..all in all, a bargain for $1 mill/year..good job Reds..wish he would have signed with Pittsburgh again..
This is a good signing for the Reds. Very low-risk, $1 million isn't a lot by today's baseball standards. Pretty much the same type of signing as Jeremy Affeldt, whom they signed a few weeks ago to compete for a rotation spot.

It's a good insurance policy against the kids not being ready. If Homer Bailey or Ed Volquez blow the doors off in spring training, then put 'em in the rotation and send Fogg and Affeldt to the pen. If not, let the kids go back down to Louisville for a while and start the veterans.

At worst, you've got a guy that could be decent trade bait come July.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I agree with Cowbell, no real risk involved here. I think it's a great pickup:thumpsup:
Nice pickup for my Reds!!!
Josh Fogg + Cincinnati = Reds 6th in NL CentralBig Grin
FullCount Wrote:Josh Fogg + Cincinnati = Reds 6th in NL CentralBig Grin

Cubs fan? ........I think Fogg is a good pickup. He won 10 games last year and 2/3 playoffs games he started in the playoffs last year.Also the Reds wont finished 6th in the Central this year I promise you that Big Grin .
FullCount Wrote:Josh Fogg + Cincinnati = Reds 6th in NL CentralBig Grin

If Cincinnati finishes 6th in the division, it won't be because of Josh Fogg. He was signed to be a back-of-the-rotation starter in case young studs Homer Bailey and Ed Volquez aren't ready for prime time.

Bottom line, you could argue that this signing doesn't help the Reds, but no way does it hurt them.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]