Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cumberland 74 - Breathitt Co. 48
Wow
Is Breathitt Done?
Is Coach Banks mailing it in.
It is widely anticipated that Coach Banks is leaving at the end of the season.
Who is the possible replacement.
Coach Doug Noble from Owsley seems to be the frontrunner
Any thoughts.
congrats Cumberland
Breathitt Co. has been done since the fugate boys quit!....Congrats Cumberland.
I'm sure things are definitely getting interesting in Breathitt County. Doug Noble should've gotten the job the last 3 times they hired a coach. I doubt it will be any different this time. I'm not sure I'd want it anyway if I was him.
Why is Banks leavin anyways?
MVP2 Wrote:Breathitt Co. has been done since the fugate boys quit!....Congrats Cumberland.

The Fugates wouldn't have been much of a contribution this game. Breathitt did what they could, and actually scored what they usually do. IMO Cumberland's big man #42 made a ESPN Top 10 play by posterizing one of Breathitt's players. Congrats Cumberland.
JOBAKKA Wrote:Wow
Is Breathitt Done?
Is Coach Banks mailing it in.
It is widely anticipated that Coach Banks is leaving at the end of the season.
Who is the possible replacement.
Coach Doug Noble from Owsley seems to be the frontrunner
Any thoughts.

Hypothetical question: If Noble were to return and his nephew came back also, would the nephew have to sit out another year?
Not a bad lose.. Cumberland is a really good team.
MANoWAR Wrote:The Fugates wouldn't have been much of a contribution this game. Breathitt did what they could, and actually scored what they usually do. IMO Cumberland's big man #42 made a ESPN Top 10 play by posterizing one of Breathitt's players. Congrats Cumberland.

Maybe not this game but they would have won some of the closer games this year, that they have lost this year. JMO.
MY gosh, I was expecting a Cumberland win, but by 26. I would say the Bobcats have already packed it up and sent it on it's way!
mandan Wrote:Hypothetical question: If Noble were to return and his nephew came back also, would the nephew have to sit out another year?
No, he is elgible to play anywhere he wants next year.
Cumberlands leading scorer was out with an injury. They are pretty good. They were up on Hazard by 7 in the WYMT and missed free throws cost them
We have to look at what this team has gone through in the past year. Here's a recap...

Noble went to Owsley (starting point guard, only true point guard they had)
Allen decided not to play again for Banks (6th or 7th man, best defensive player)
Combs quit (garbage man, played hard, interchangible with the elder Fugate)
Fugates quit (only remaining point guard and a 6' 3" forward)

In all, this team is missing 5 key elements that they should have had. It's just too much for kids to take, and in this case, the coaching staff too.
Norm Wrote:We have to look at what this team has gone through in the past year. Here's a recap...

Noble went to Owsley (starting point guard, only true point guard they had)
Allen decided not to play again for Banks (6th or 7th man, best defensive player)
Combs quit (garbage man, played hard, interchangible with the elder Fugate)
Fugates quit (only remaining point guard and a 6' 3" forward)

In all, this team is missing 5 key elements that they should have had. It's just too much for kids to take, and in this case, the coaching staff too.
Does the coach bear any responsability in this collapse?
JOBAKKA Wrote:Does the coach bear any responsability in this collapse?
Another name I heard tonight was Kyle Lively. Is it possible
Congrats Cumberland
Jobakka,

I believe the coach has to take some responsibility for this collapse. After all, if the players don't want to play for you, then something has to be going on.

As far as names, I don't know. I'm not a Breathitt Countian. However, I just don't see them bringing Noble back (too many bridges burned), and Lively isn't the hot young coach he used to be.

Something intriguing here would be...why don't they go after Whitaker? Breathitt County has a rich tradition and still has one of the bigger schools in the region. We know they have talented athletes there. Their football team is still winning. If they could lure Whitaker in, he'd have a chance at the region next year. With Whitaker, Warren, Ritchie, and Taulbee, that's 4 pretty solid juniors there next year. Go sit in the PE gym for a couple of days and find a kid that can shoot to go with them. This is NOT a rumor I've heard. I don't even know if their coach is going anywhere. I just think it makes alot of sense.
Norm Wrote:Jobakka,

I believe the coach has to take some responsibility for this collapse. After all, if the players don't want to play for you, then something has to be going on.

As far as names, I don't know. I'm not a Breathitt Countian. However, I just don't see them bringing Noble back (too many bridges burned), and Lively isn't the hot young coach he used to be.

Something intriguing here would be...why don't they go after Whitaker? Breathitt County has a rich tradition and still has one of the bigger schools in the region. We know they have talented athletes there. Their football team is still winning. If they could lure Whitaker in, he'd have a chance at the region next year. With Whitaker, Warren, Ritchie, and Taulbee, that's 4 pretty solid juniors there next year. Go sit in the PE gym for a couple of days and find a kid that can shoot to go with them. This is NOT a rumor I've heard. I don't even know if their coach is going anywhere. I just think it makes alot of sense.
it does make good sense
Sounds Like That The Congelton Kid That Came From Owsley Would Have Been Better Off Just To Stay At Owsley.
uk hoops Wrote:Sounds Like That The Congelton Kid That Came From Owsley Would Have Been Better Off Just To Stay At Owsley.
Why? If he did not want to be there then that is his choice. He can play anywhere he wants to next year.
JOBAKKA Wrote:Why? If he did not want to be there then that is his choice. He can play anywhere he wants to next year.

the kid did not want to leave that was a choice made by his mother, and yes he can play any where he wants to next year. its just sad that he had to lose a whole season for what looks like nothing. the kids are always the ones that have to pay the price when things like this happen.
He wanted to leave also. I agree it is the kids who suffer when they lose a year of thier high school playing days. He should have not been penalized.
No big surprise in this game. BC hasn't really played well in a while.
Congrats Cumberland.
cumberland is a good team.. any body think they can win the 13th. they have a loss to pineville and bell
congrats cumblerland