Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owsley 50 Wolfe 40
The lady owls defeated old district rival Wolfe tonight 50-40. This was Coach Cornett's first when since taking over the team in early January, the Lady Owls proved tonight that they still have the old steam in them that had layed dorment since before Christmas... They was playing like there old selves again.... Congrats Coach Cornett, and the Lady Owls...
one&onlybrain Wrote:The lady owls defeated old district rival Wolfe tonight 50-40. This was Coach Cornett's first when since taking over the team in early January, the Lady Owls proved tonight that they still have the old steam in them that had layed dorment since before Christmas... They was playing like there old selves again.... Congrats Coach Cornett, and the Lady Owls...

Wolfe is not a district rival anymore, but it was a good win for the Lady Owls. Congratulations to the Lady Owls and Coaches Cornett and Mason. The Owsley County Girls Program has been going through turmoil since January and have been in a slump. They needed this win.....Wink
Congrats Owsley
It was a well played and hard fought game. The Lady Owls played like we all know they can and its about time. If they keep this up and improve in some areas they could come up with an upset in the district tournament that is just around the corner. Good luck Lady Owls! You're in good hands with Coach Cornett at the helm of your team.
Congrats
Congrats Lady Owls!!!
Who does Owsley play in the districts?
thecavemaster Wrote:Who does Owsley play in the districts?

I think Owsley plays Estill but not sure.
Yea, they play Estill... and so Powell gets Lee
I've not seen Estill... is Owsley better right now?
HOGWOLLOP Wrote:I've not seen Estill... is Owsley better right now?
I think the split their games during the season, winning on each other's
home courts. Owsley has struggled lately but seem to be playig a little better. Estill had some girls injured early in the season but I think some of them are back. This game is probably a toss up.
I heard the Combs girl had been sick or something like that. How has she been playing? What's Coach Bates doing these days?
HOGWOLLOP Wrote:I heard the Combs girl had been sick or something like that. How has she been playing? What's Coach Bates doing these days?

The last I heard, Bates has been working somewheres in Hazard doing some sort of reserch job. Kendra Combs had heart surgery this past summer and is doing fair coming from it. She is now starting to come back to her full steam coming into Districts in a few weeks.
one&onlybrain Wrote:The last I heard, Bates has been working somewheres in Hazard doing some sort of reserch job. Kendra Combs had heart surgery this past summer and is doing fair coming from it. She is now starting to come back to her full steam coming into Districts in a few weeks.
That's good news. Combs is a good player. She's had medical problems for the past year. Great to hear she's regaining her form. They'll need her in top condition to make a run in the district and beyond.