Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland Kittens 69 Raceland 39
Final. Kittens go to 16 and 3
did they ever find out the extent of the damage on Ashland's court?

Congrats to them wish you all the best over that way.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:did they ever find out the extent of the damage on Ashland's court?

Congrats to them wish you all the best over that way.

The court is done for and will have to be redone over the next couple of months. All home games have been moved for the remainder of the season.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Tomcat68 Wrote:The court is done for and will have to be redone over the next couple of months. All home games have been moved for the remainder of the season.

j/w but what happened to the person(s) that for got to shut the water off?
First of all, what happened to the floor?? Secondly, is their nickname really the Kittens?
Congrats Ashland
vundy33 Wrote:First of all, what happened to the floor?? Secondly, is their nickname really the Kittens?

At there gym there is a hallway and across the hall they have an indoor pool. Well they were filling the pool up after Christmas break and someone forgot to shut the water off and flooded the hall and the gym.

Yes it really is the Kittens the boys are the TomCats.
Congrats
vundy33 Wrote:First of all, what happened to the floor?? Secondly, is their nickname really the Kittens?

I think most of your questions were answered by someone else, but there are some quirks to our team nicknames.

There is no Ashland High School. Many years ago they built Paul G Blazer HS and that is where all of the students go. Oddly enough, the sports teams didn't change their names with the change of the school.

School chants, uniforms, etc all still read Ashland or AHS, although they don't technically exists any longer.

The boys teams go by Tomcats.
The girls teams go by Kittens.
Swimming team goes by Catfish.
Wrestling team goes by MatCats.

On an additional note, our football stadium is located at the middle school instead of the highschool, so the football team has to ride buses to home games.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Congrats Ashland
A good win for the Kittens. They placed 4 players inn double figures. Strait and Wilcox finished with 17 points each, Ward had 15 and Deitrich finished with 10. They did well defensively as well forcing almost twice as many turnovers as they themselves had. The Kittens seem to be peaking at a good time this close to districts and Regionals. Congrats to the Kittens and keep up the good work.
Tomcat68 Wrote:I think most of your questions were answered by someone else, but there are some quirks to our team nicknames.

There is no Ashland High School. Many years ago they built Paul G Blazer HS and that is where all of the students go. Oddly enough, the sports teams didn't change their names with the change of the school.

School chants, uniforms, etc all still read Ashland or AHS, although they don't technically exists any longer.

The boys teams go by Tomcats.
The girls teams go by Kittens.
Swimming team goes by Catfish.
Wrestling team goes by MatCats.

On an additional note, our football stadium is located at the middle school instead of the highschool, so the football team has to ride buses to home games.

wow I did not know all of that Tomcat I knew it was Paul BLazer but they still considered themselves Ashland High. But the rest was new to me besides Tomcats and Kittens.
Congrats Ashland.