Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Magoffin be better in 08'?
Will the hornets head to the playoffs again this year, or will they be like the hornets of the past?
I think they will head to the playoffs again this year. The coach has turned this program around. Who all has Magoffin lost?
No they will not make the playoffs. I say if they play teams unlike Evangle Christan, South Floyd ECT... than they will do good. Put some competition on that schedule and lest see how they do.
warriorpride Wrote:No they will not make the playoffs. I say if they play teams unlike Evangle Christan, South Floyd ECT... than they will do good. Put some competition on that schedule and lest see how they do.
Seems to me that they gave you guys all you wanted last year, and took away your playoff bearth. I think they will go to the playoffs (after beating ER) but no further.
bluegrassballa Wrote:I think they will head to the playoffs again this year. The coach has turned this program around. Who all has Magoffin lost?
We have lost 11 seniors that were the back bone of the team. Starting with Jordan Howard fb, Shane allen qb, brandon mullins hb, nathaniel whitaker and cody cole the LINE, casey ginter te, chad howard de, dustin minix de, phillip francis db, garrite gibson dl, and jamey reed. but there is some shining youngsters, watch out for Colby hOWARD AT the fullback spot, he cant replace jordan but he will do his best.
Looks like the Hornets were hit hard by graduation. Seems like the Magoffin Middle School program has been enjoying some success the last few years. Perhaps the younger hornets can step in and make a difference.
Codeman Wrote:Seems to me that they gave you guys all you wanted last year, and took away your playoff bearth. I think they will go to the playoffs (after beating ER) but no further.

Why do you want to bring up the past? This is a thread about magoffin county 08 right? Well next year I doubt they will make the playoffs unless they squeek by PCC.
warriorpride Wrote:Why do you want to bring up the past? This is a thread about magoffin county 08 right? Well next year I doubt they will make the playoffs unless they squeek by PCC.
Its not that im bringing up the past, and if they squeak by, it will be by ER, did you see the jv game last year? most of our starting line def. and off. played so there will be some good youngsters, im not putting no one down im just predicting.
Codeman Wrote:We have lost 11 seniors that were the back bone of the team. Starting with Jordan Howard fb, Shane allen qb, brandon mullins hb, nathaniel whitaker and cody cole the LINE, casey ginter te, chad howard de, dustin minix de, phillip francis db, garrite gibson dl, and jamey reed. but there is some shining youngsters, watch out for Colby hOWARD AT the fullback spot, he cant replace jordan but he will do his best.

Dang. So gradutaion hurt them pretty bad. I am gonna stick with what I first said. I think the Hornets will make the playoffs once again. Good luck to you all.
Work hard and things will happen.
Colby Howard is a great player for Magoffin to build around. He will will be better then Jordan Howard at the Full Back position. Jordan was good but he will be better. Jordan Owens is another player you could build around. My concern with Magoffin moving forward will be the QB position. Magoffin has been a one dimensional team for many years. If you can't pass the ball you can't run it well. Coach Cole ( the HWMS coach) will be a huge reason if Magoffin has any success in the future. His middle school program has done good things the past couple years. The more Coach Cole learns about coaching the better his teams will get and the better the entire program will be.
I think IMO that Coach Mccoy is the best thing that has ever happened to that program and yes I do think they will make playoffs this year
yea i agree i think they will make it to the playoffs this year they will go but east ridge with a breeze and them and pcc will probably be a good game
Coach McCoy does a great job with his teams
Coach McCoy is class act, excellent coach
I think the hornets will finish next season .500 or better.