Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott Central- A tourney threat?
Knott Central played Hazard at Hazard to lose by three earlier in the year. I listened to the game against Breathitt and it sounded like Amburgey has his team gelling at the right time of the season. Stamper and Company played great team ball to come out of Jackson with the win. I didn't realize that KCC had such a young team. With only three juniors on the team, we might look to KCC to be a regional threat for the next few years. Ratliff, Buttermilk and Amburgey have stepped up big to assist Stamper and make big plays this season. The Bartrum kid also played well.

BUT......................They will have to continue this play to be able to compete with Hazard in the regional this year.
Dawggie Wrote:Knott Central played Hazard at Hazard to lose by three earlier in the year. I listened to the game against Breathitt and it sounded like Amburgey has his team gelling at the right time of the season. Stamper and Company played great team ball to come out of Jackson with the win. I didn't realize that KCC had such a young team. With only three juniors on the team, we might look to KCC to be a regional threat for the next few years. Ratliff, Buttermilk and Amburgey have stepped up big to assist Stamper and make big plays this season. The Bartrum kid also played well.

BUT......................They will have to continue this play to be able to compete with Hazard in the regional this year.

Dont forget about JBS and others..IMO Hazard is much better than they was the start of the season...Its JBS's and Hazard's to lose i do believe..
i agree, about Hazard being better at the start of the year, but other teams start to come together arround tourney time, and remember, JBS dogged a bullet last year against Jenkins. They came out of no where and put up a fight on JBS. I think a team that is the underdog will end up making to the Championship, and giving the suppossed to be "Untouchable" team a run for it, if not winning it.
Dawggie Wrote:Knott Central played Hazard at Hazard to lose by three earlier in the year. I listened to the game against Breathitt and it sounded like Amburgey has his team gelling at the right time of the season. Stamper and Company played great team ball to come out of Jackson with the win. I didn't realize that KCC had such a young team. With only three juniors on the team, we might look to KCC to be a regional threat for the next few years. Ratliff, Buttermilk and Amburgey have stepped up big to assist Stamper and make big plays this season. The Bartrum kid also played well.

Good post, rightly said, i agree totally, go pats.:Cheerlead Cool
Why just Hazard.. what about.. JBS,Letcher,Cordia..
Any team is a tourney threat! But I don't think that KCC will win against Hazard or JBS this year.
You cant count anyone out at this point!
Overrated Wrote:Why just Hazard.. what about.. JBS,Letcher,Cordia..
Hazard is the favorite
Not this year, Knott may be a contender the next couple of years. They have some good young talent, but JBS will be to tough to handle in this region this year. Hazard/Bell might threaten to get within double digits of JBS, but doubtful.
bigblue4ever Wrote:Not this year, Knott may be a contender the next couple of years. They have some good young talent, but JBS will be to tough to handle in this region this year. Hazard/Bell might threaten to get within double digits of JBS, but doubtful.

I agree.:rockon:
Knott made it to the semifinals of the 14th region tourney last year and i look for them to do the same this year. Knott can play with anyone in the 14th through 3 quarters but need to learn how to finish and win games.