Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice storm tonight--Jan 29?
I'm not sure about the rest of KY, but it's been raining all day here in Richmond. Weather Channel is saying that this rain will turn into snow tonight with a low of 24. WKYT is saying that it may get down to 19 degrees and that the temps will drop 30 degrees or so within a 1-2 hour timeframe. This means that the rain we are seeing will quickly change to snow and any moisture on the ground will freeze in a very short amount of time.

Is it possible that all of this water from the rain will freeze up like it did a few years ago in Lexington?

Either way, it's probably going to be an interesting drive tomorrow morning with a sheet of ice under snow.

I hope they cancel class....I have a paper due tomorrow. :thumpsup:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It also mean there's gonna be kids and all kinds of folks on the road to Richmond for the tourney... tomorrow as well.... everyone please be careful and cautious!
So there is a possibility that school could be closed in EKY?
I don't know about E. KY, I only get the news for Central KY, and they haven't been saying anything about snow any further east.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
According to weather.com, it's not supposed to get cold enough to snow or freeze up in E. KY.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Here in Louisville right now its 50 Degrees
It said on WKYT that it should get down in the 20's in EKY. Hopefully it will...I really don't want to fly in tomorrow Sad
RavenBoy Wrote:Here in Louisville right now its 50 Degrees

It's supposed to drop 30 degrees in a matter of hours. I'd say around midnight it will be freezing or below.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It has been raining non stop in Powell County. My chemisrty teacher was telling my class that there will be a good chance of us not having school tomorrow because of the vast drop in temperature. The water won't have a chance to freeze dry, or something like that. And that the water will freeze on the roads. I hope he was right!
Raining hard in Letcher County. Could be a VERY MESSY MORNING@@@!!
ComfortEagle Wrote:I'm not sure about the rest of KY, but it's been raining all day here in Richmond. Weather Channel is saying that this rain will turn into snow tonight with a low of 24. WKYT is saying that it may get down to 19 degrees and that the temps will drop 30 degrees or so within a 1-2 hour timeframe. This means that the rain we are seeing will quickly change to snow and any moisture on the ground will freeze in a very short amount of time.

Is it possible that all of this water from the rain will freeze up like it did a few years ago in Lexington?

Either way, it's probably going to be an interesting drive tomorrow morning with a sheet of ice under snow.

I hope they cancel class....I have a paper due tomorrow. :thumpsup:
If you're talking about 3-4 years ago, that was miserable. I had to Lexington for baseball school and it was like every tree had fallen. It was horrible and a ton of people lost power.
Storm is about to hit Richmond, cable just went out for a minute and the lights flickered for a while, but it seems okay now.

The worst is still on it's way.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
There have been torando warnings... I'm not sure which counties though. It hasn't got to Floyd County yet but the wind is starting to pick up now.
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It's got Caldwell and WYMT tore all to pieces. Sayin they keep losin power and stuff.
As i typed this, the whole station went off completely.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This severe thunderstorm is on its way here in Prestonsburg should be hitting me in about 15-25 minutes.
It's starting to get really windy over here in Martin County. Raining too.
Its not doing anything here in Pburg now
The storm in Pburg wasn't bad... just a lot of wind and rain.
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I must have slept through everything...LOL>.....

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
It rained hard and the wind blew really bad, but it didn't do nothing my chemistry teacher said it would do.
The wind knocked the power out at my house last night for around an hour.
Pretty good storm here in Lexington last night. Knocked some small trees and power lines down. All the rain that fell froze up pretty quick when the temps dropped too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cable (including internet) went out last night and didn't come back on until around 7 AM this morning. Other than that, the storm wasn't too bad.

All of the ice did freeze up and made it really hard for me to get into my car this morning.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]