Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluegrassrivals.com Boys Basketball Top 5 (January 28)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Throughout the season BGR will be doing a top 5 from areas around the state as decided upon the staff. The results will be posted each Sunday evening.

The 3 areas are West/Southern Kentucky (Regions 1-5), Central/Metro Kentucky (Regions 6-12) and Eastern Kentucky (13-16)

Staff casts votes for the top 5 in each area. A first place vote gets 5 points, a second place gets 4, third place gets 3, fourth place gets 2 points, and a fifth place vote gets 1 point. The rankings then go by highest points per area voted upon.

Results and rankings as of 01-28-08....

Western/Southern Kentucky
1. Muhlenburg North
2. University Heights
3. Adair County
4. Henderson County
5. Franklin Simpson

Central/Metro Kentucky
1. Bryan Station
2. Mason County
3. Lexington Catholic
4. Scott County
5. Eastern

Eastern Kentucky
1. Elliot County & Paintsville (*TIE)
2. Shelby Valley
3. June Buchanan
4. Pineville
5. Hazard
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Throughout the season BGR will be doing a top 5 from areas around the state as decided upon the staff. The results will be posted each Sunday evening.

The 3 areas are West/Southern Kentucky (Regions 1-5), Central/Metro Kentucky (Regions 6-12) and Eastern Kentucky (13-16)

Staff casts votes for the top 5 in each area. A first place vote gets 5 points, a second place gets 4, third place gets 3, fourth place gets 2 points, and a fifth place vote gets 1 point. The rankings then go by highest points per area voted upon.

Results and rankings as of 01-28-08....

Western/Southern Kentucky
1. Muhlenburg North
2. University Heights
3. Adair County
4. Henderson County
5. Franklin Simpson

Central/Metro Kentucky
1. Bryan Station
2. Mason County
3. Lexington Catholic
4. Scott County
5. Eastern

Eastern Kentucky
1. Elliot County & Paintsville (*TIE)
2. Shelby Valley
3. June Buchanan
4. Pineville
5. Hazard

Couldn't find room for Pikeville I bet you do before the year is over :moon:
SpyDa Wrote:Couldn't find room for Pikeville I bet you do before the year is over :moon:

After beating SV and almost Paintsville, I think Pikeville should be #5.
colts12 Wrote:After beating SV and almost Paintsville, I think Pikeville should be #5.
I agree Pikeville is a very good team. IMO Paintsville should be number one because Paintsville won their region and Elliot Co. got beat by Rose Hill.
Id say if JBS would have won, then Pikeville would have crack the top 5 but Hazard won their region so they should be in it. Im glad to see Pineville up there now. I said at the begining of the year they would be in there!
They way I look at it:

1.Paintsville
2.Elliott
3.JBS
4.SV
5.Hazard

You can't have a tie when people loose.
IMO you can argue that SV, JBS, Paintsville, or Eliiot could be number one, even though SV, JBS, and Elliot didnt win their region's All "A" doesn't mean much, because the season isnt over, every team is gonna have a off night. But I agree that Paintsville should have taken the top spot, as of right now.