Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluegrassrivals.com Boys Basketball Top 5 (January 14)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Throughout the season BGR will be doing a top 5 from areas around the state as decided upon the staff. The results will be posted each Sunday evening.

The 3 areas are West/Southern Kentucky (Regions 1-5), Central/Metro Kentucky (Regions 6-12) and Eastern Kentucky (13-16)

Staff casts votes for the top 5 in each area. A first place vote gets 5 points, a second place gets 4, third place gets 3, fourth place gets 2 points, and a fifth place vote gets 1 point. The rankings then go by highest points per area voted upon.

Results and rankings as of 01-014-08 are....

*=TIE

Western/Southern Kentucky
1. University Heights
2. Marshall County
3. Adair County* Metcalfe County*
4. Paducah Tilghman* Franklin Simpson* Madisonville North Hopkins* Muhlenberg North*
5. Apollo

Central/Metro Kentucky
1. Lexington Catholic
2. Bryan Station
3. Mason County
4. Scott County
5. Male

Eastern Kentucky
1. Elliot County* Shelby Valley*
2. June Buchanan
3. Paintsville
4. Corbin
5. Hazard

>Feel free to discuss the rankings in this thread.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Throughout the season BGR will be doing a top 5 from areas around the state as decided upon the staff. The results will be posted each Sunday evening.

The 3 areas are West/Southern Kentucky (Regions 1-5), Central/Metro Kentucky (Regions 6-12) and Eastern Kentucky (13-16)

Staff casts votes for the top 5 in each area. A first place vote gets 5 points, a second place gets 4, third place gets 3, fourth place gets 2 points, and a fifth place vote gets 1 point. The rankings then go by highest points per area voted upon.

Results and rankings as of 01-014-08 are....

*=TIE

Western/Southern Kentucky
1. University Heights
2. Marshall County
3. Adair County* Metcalfe County*
4. Paducah Tilghman* Franklin Simpson* Madisonville North Hopkins* Muhlenberg North*
5. Apollo

Central/Metro Kentucky
1. Lexington Catholic
2. Bryan Station
3. Mason County
4. Scott County
5. Male

Eastern Kentucky
1. Elliot County* Shelby Valley*
2. June Buchanan
3. Paintsville
4. Corbin
5. Hazard

>Feel free to discuss the rankings in this thread.

I'd put SV in a tie with JBS or maybe Paintsville...Just not with Elliot Co. just yet...
Glad to see University Hights and Coach Mccoy doing good.
I think Elliot should be 3 with the ranks as so.

1) Shelby Valley, JBS, Paintsville
2) Paintsville, JBS, Shelby Valley.
3) Elliot

Its to hard to rank those 3. Elliot has lost big to some eastern schools, so id put them below the 3.
BlueStripes Wrote:I think Elliot should be 3 with the ranks as so.

1) Shelby Valley, JBS, Paintsville
2) Paintsville, JBS, Shelby Valley.
3) Elliot

Its to hard to rank those 3. Elliot has lost big to some eastern schools, so id put them below the 3.

Elliott County has only lost one game this season and that was at the 5/3 classic to Covington Catholic. I believe they are very well deserving of a tie for the #1 spot.

Also, of Elliott's 15 wins, only 3 of those teams were able to stay within 10 points of Elliott. East Carter within 1, Grace Academy, TN within 8, and Christian County within 9. Of their remaining 13 wins, 12 were by 20 points+.

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...tion_name=
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
I think the main criticism of Elliot County is quality of opponents that they have beaten. They have yet to beat a real quality team, while teams like Shelby Valley and Paintsville have beaten some teams of high caliber. Just my opinion.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think SV,JBS and Elliott should be tied for first with Paintsville not far behind. Hopefully if some of these teams make it to the ALL A State maybe we can end some of the speculation...