Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 82 - South Miami Senior 75
THE CATS are on a roll , stay hot valley and keep bringing the pain.
These boys didn't win the National AAU championship for nothing people!
Way to go Valley. You and Paintsville are making the 15th region look real good.
Good win by the valley cats. Does any one have ay stats besides Elisha 32 pts., that we already know of.
Congrats Valley. The best in the Mountains.
The only other stats that I heard was that Curby Tackett had 12 points (that was mid 4th quarter--I don't know if he scored any more), and Ashley Hatfield had 8 points, then he hit 2 free throws, a layup, and at least 1 more free throw--so he had at least 13. They didn't give stats at the end of the game.
Player FGM FTM FTA 3PM TP
Logan Bryant 2 0 0 0 4
Jacob Bryant 2 2 5 2 6
Ashley Hatfield 4 4 4 0 14
Elisha Justice 10 8 10 4 32
Jonah Justice 3 1 3 1 8
Tyler Newsome 2 0 0 1 5
Curby Tackett 4 5 7 0 13
Very surprised that Jacob didn't have a good game and they still won. He usually plays big against better competition. Looks like Curby really stepped up today in the absence of Bacon. If he can do that all year, the team will be in good shape.
Curby will surprise a lot of teams, he is a very good player, just the talent in front of him knocks him out of the limelight.
Surprising about Jacob, however, it is very interesting to see that the team does not NEED the absolute best game from a player like him and can somehow work around an injury like with Taylor Newsome. Paintville may have the upper hand in the region now that a player like Taylor is out but they will not slide too much when Curby is playing like this.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Player FGM FTM FTA 3PM TP
Logan Bryant 2 0 0 0 4
Jacob Bryant 2 2 5 2 6
Ashley Hatfield 4 4 4 0 14
Elisha Justice 10 8 10 4 32
Jonah Justice 3 1 3 1 8
Tyler Newsome 2 0 0 1 5
Curby Tackett 4 5 7 0 13

Where did you find this information? I have looked all over the Internet.
I wonder if Elisha can put the team on his back many more times this year.
Congrats Valley! Keep it up.
Great win SV. Keep it rolling.
Big congrats to Shelby Valley! I did not expect them to beat this team from Miami, and it sounds like they mounted an amazing comeback to do it! You hardly ever hear of a team down 17 after three quarters coming back to win.

I agree that losing Taylor Newsome probably puts Paintsville in the favorite's position in the region, but wins like this show that Valley will hopefully be able to withstand the loss of an important player and still have a good season.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Big congrats to Shelby Valley! I did not expect them to beat this team from Miami, and it sounds like they mounted an amazing comeback to do it! You hardly ever hear of a team down 17 after three quarters coming back to win.

I agree that losing Taylor Newsome probably puts Paintsville in the favorite's position in the region, but wins like this show that Valley will hopefully be able to withstand the loss of an important player and still have a good season.

I believe that Paintsville lost a starter in Bundy, so I think both team evened one another out.
blackcat_student Wrote:I believe that Paintsville lost a starter in Bundy, so I think both team evened one another out.

Did not know that. Thanks for the info. By the way, when did that happen?
Congrats Valley. Sounds like Elisha had an awesome game. This is a pretty impressive win, especially since Taylor Newsome is out the rest of the season.
congrats valley this is a major win and it shows how good you are...keep it up!!
Congrats !!! to the Valley and Coach Booher....Justice, what a game keep lighting them up kid !!!!!!