Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Nicholas County
0%
Raceland
100.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nicholas County at Raceland 10/25
Nicholas County vs Raceland. Thougths?
I wish we could get away from district play. It seems pointless when everyone makes the post season
Also pointless using RPI and forcing teams to play other teams that hurt their RPI. If Nicholas can’t get anything through the air in this game they will lose biggly! Well….bigglier!
Rams blow the horn a lot this game
(10-19-2024, 10:42 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: I wish we could get away from district play. It seems pointless when everyone makes the post season

Your point is well taken; however, some schools that recruit and steal talent from wherever they can get it would have trouble scheduling 10 games without some very long bus rides if they didn’t have several games built into their schedule.
(10-20-2024, 10:39 AM)ROTC Wrote:
(10-19-2024, 10:42 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: I wish we could get away from district play. It seems pointless when everyone makes the post season

Your point is well taken; however, some schools that recruit and steal talent from wherever they can get it would have trouble scheduling 10 games without some very long bus rides if they didn’t have several games built into their schedule.
Maybe it says more about the programs kids transfer away from than it does the programs they transfer into.  But you are correct on the schedule.  Some schools get butthurt their kids want to win and go somewhere else where heaven forbid they might get a scholarship to help pay for college.
Rams 42
Jackets 12
(10-20-2024, 11:37 AM)Belichick Wrote:

Maybe it says more about the programs kids transfer away from than it does the programs they transfer into.  But you are correct on the schedule.  Some schools get butthurt their kids want to win and go somewhere else where heaven forbid they might get a scholarship to help pay for college.

Or maybe schools that operate within the rules that KHSAA “pretends” to be applied to govern interscholastic sports get very frustrated when others openly violate them and nothing is ever done about it.

I won’t name the two schools, because some of the people involved are actually dead now- but here is an example:

School A (a 4A school) recruits three players from School B ( a 2A school).  None of the football players move or have a change of residence.  None of the players sit out and lose a year of eligibility. That’s clearly against the rules- right?

To add insult to injury- School A makes fun of and mocks School B when they decline a $5000 stipend to come and play in their Bowl Game.
(10-20-2024, 12:52 PM)ROTC Wrote:
(10-20-2024, 11:37 AM)Belichick Wrote:

Or maybe schools that operate within the rules that KHSAA “pretends” to be applied to govern interscholastic sports get very frustrated when others openly violate them and nothing is ever done about it.

I won’t name the two schools, because some of the people involved are actually dead now- but here is an example:

School A (a 4A school) recruits three players from School B ( a 2A school).  None of the football players move or have a change of residence.  None of the players sit out and lose a year of eligibility. That’s clearly against the rules- right?

To add insult to injury- School A makes fun of and mocks School B when they decline a $5000 stipend to come and play in their Bowl Game.

What does have to do with Raceland vs. Nicholas Co.?
If you're going whine and complain about what you believe the recruiting that may be going on, start another thread.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I’m not whining and complaining. I responded to a response to my original comment about how it might be hard to schedule if the KHSAA did away with district play.

I love freedom and individual rights. Let people do what they and the taxpayers of their school districts want- just get rid of a pretense of governing laws, since they are rarely enforced….is my POV.
Yes but who are we talking about and why did it come up on this thread? Can’t be talking about Raceland. We have nothing to offer kids parents for recruiting. What are we gonna do……get them a minimum wage job at the only gas station in town.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAM-A-DEVIL's post:
  • Jarons
Talking about “in general” the potential side effect of doing away with mandatory district games. My comment was to all who have ever or will ever recruit kids from other districts. Sometimes, it becomes more difficult to find games once you start doing that. If the shoe fits- wear it. If it doesn’t, disregard…..simple enough- right?
RAMS comfortably.
(10-20-2024, 04:24 PM)ROTC Wrote: Talking about “in general” the potential side effect of doing away with mandatory district games.  My comment was to all who have ever or will ever recruit kids from other districts.  Sometimes, it becomes more difficult to find games once you start doing that.  If the shoe fits- wear it.  If it doesn’t, disregard…..simple enough- right?
I’ll counter your argument about the side effects.  You are 100% correct it would take guaranteed games away forcing teams to find opponents.  However this also would leave everyone with scheduling openings and could present opportunities for teams that normally wouldn’t play one another due to being forced to play district games.
I’m just extremely happy that we don’t have to drive to Carlisle this year after two trips to Newport and Paris.
I don’t even want to fly to Carlisle
Rams by a googolplex. I know you're not supposed to overlook anyone but I'm starting to project forward to LCA in a few weeks. I can't help it.
Will we have any starting running backs this week? Neither played against Paris. We had more people out of uniform than in last week