Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 41 Paintsville 0
Final.
Any thoughts on this one? I watched it and I really thought Pikeville didn’t look real Pikeville like. Especially coming off a bye week.
(10-18-2024, 11:23 PM)bac2369 Wrote: Any thoughts on this one? I watched it and I really thought Pikeville didn’t look real Pikeville like. Especially coming off a bye week.
Pikeville hasn’t looked Pikeville like all season.
Agreed Blue Bird.
With the talent this team has, it’s been disheartening this season. I feel like all year, Pikeville has played one half of solid football and that was the first half against Belfry. They had some fire and intensity and played hard. Every other game has just seemed Ho Hum. Sometimes I think well maybe I’m just a fool and these kids just aren’t as good as I thought they’d be. They’ll show a flash, maybe one drive or two or three defensive plays then they go right back to looking very content and just uninterested. I can’t seem to put my finger on it and I’m not sure if it will come together by playoff time or for the first time in 4 years you’ll have a new 1A state champ. I’m not sure what to think about this bunch. I hope I’m wrong.
[-] The following 2 users Like Micro-Brew's post:
  • bac2369, Blue_Bird96
To still be down 4 starters, I thought the Panthers looked good. Especially on defense. The secondary looked great, both safeties had a pick and #2 shut down his side of the field. Offense moved the ball whenever they wanted. I think they were trying some things in the passing game in the 1st half to see if they would work knowing they could run it whenever they wanted. Paintsville was simply no match for them physically. I know one area that drastically improved and that’s the special teams. Pikeville looked so much better tonight than they have all season. Once they got all their starters back and healthy, they’ll be just fine.

I thought Paintsville showed a lot of fight and didn’t give up. Their offense ran a couple of really nice plays.
Congratulations to the Panthers but like has been said on here already no heart and emotion and inconsistency will not get you guys where you want to go
Something is just off about Pikeville this year.
Pikeville looked terrible and won 41-0. Some of that is the talent they have and some is Paintsville is very down this year.

Pikeville is hurt guys. They have played hurt all year and have too many big pieces out or playing hurt. If they get healthy, I think you’ll see a different team. I do question if the fire burns as hot or if they have the leaders required to play how they are capable. The players they lost from last year may have not been as talented as who they have this year but they still had talent and did the right things and were almost always in the right spot and focused. That’s what is missing this year.

I think if both teams are full strength Pikeville would beat Hazard soundly next week but that’s not the case and it might open the door for a more competitive game than it should be. I would put Pikeville on upset alert next week and for their last game of the season against Boyd County.

I would have handed them the trophy before the season began but they are going to have a difficult path in the playoffs and if they do not get healthy before the 3rd round, it may be someone else’s turn this year.
Congrats Panthers Like
Paintsville sucks! They haven’t been good with their own kids since the Matney era at Johnson Central. Kash Daniels even tried to bail on them and go to Pikeville, but was ruled ineligible and went back with his lil weenie tail between his legs!!

Paintsville’s state title trophy should be sawed in half and give the bigger portion of it to Pburg!

Tell me where I’m wrong!!!!???
(10-19-2024, 05:55 PM)Belichick Wrote: Pikeville looked terrible and won 41-0.  Some of that is the talent they have and some is Paintsville is very down this year.

Pikeville is hurt guys. They have played hurt all year and have too many big pieces out or playing hurt. If they get healthy, I think you’ll see a different team. I do question if the fire burns as hot or if they have the leaders required to play how they are capable. The players they lost from last year may have not been as talented as who they have this year but they still had talent and did the right things and were almost always in the right spot and focused. That’s what is missing this year.

I think if both teams are full strength Pikeville would beat Hazard soundly next week but that’s not the case and it might open the door for a more competitive game than it should be.  I would put Pikeville on upset alert next week and for their last game of the season against Boyd County.

I would have handed them the trophy before the season began but they are going to have a difficult path in the playoffs and if they do not get healthy before the 3rd round, it may be someone else’s turn this year.
Pikeville should be on upset alert vs Hazard. In 2020 Pikeville had a much stronger team than the team they have this year and completely over looked the bulldogs in which Hazard was able to capitalize.
(10-19-2024, 09:16 PM)ROTC Wrote: Paintsville sucks!  They haven’t been good with their own kids since the Matney era at Johnson Central.  Kash Daniels even tried to bail on them and go to Pikeville, but was ruled ineligible and went back with his lil weenie tail between his legs!!

Paintsville’s state title trophy should be sawed in half and give the bigger portion of it to Pburg!

(Yesterday, 02:54 PM)TigerBlues Wrote: [quote="ROTC" pid="2476923" dateline="1729383381"]
Paintsville sucks!  They haven’t been good with their own kids since the Matney era at Johnson Central.  Kash Daniels even tried to bail on them and go to Pikeville, but was ruled ineligible and went back with his lil weenie tail between his legs!!

Troll of the board on this one, hey how did Bingham work out at UK and UPIKE ? Talk about that, IIRC he was trying to get to Pikeville because Paintsville didn’t have a football coach at that time and he was originally from Pikeville anyway 
[-] The following 2 users Like TigerBlues's post:
  • jetpilot, Redneck
(10-19-2024, 09:16 PM)ROTC Wrote: Paintsville sucks!  They haven’t been good with their own kids since the Matney era at Johnson Central.  Kash Daniels even tried to bail on them and go to Pikeville, but was ruled ineligible and went back with his lil weenie tail between his legs!!

Tell me where I’m wrong!!!!???
For starters, some of the best players that Matney had at JC were transfers, so idk why people constantly bring this up. He built something and kids from other schools wanted to be a part of it. I never was a big fan of him, but I respect the man for what he did at Johnson Central. 

Should Belfry cut all of their titles in half too? Pikeville has had their fair share of transfers over the years, should we cut those titles in half. Bottom line is Chirico built something. “If you build it, he will come.” Kids wanted to play for Joe. Why sit on the bench across the creek for 2-3 years when you can start, or at least get significant playing time as a freshman & sophomore. Kids wanna play at Pikeville and be part of the dynasty they have going. Hell at this moment right now, if my wife would move outta Magoffin County, I’d take my boys to Pikeville in a heartbeat.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
[-] The following 2 users Like Redneck's post:
  • Belichick, jetpilot