Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg 36 Middlesboro 6
Final.
Sad state of affairs for Middlesboro football. I remember when they were one of the state's best, regardless of class. Good job by Williamsburg!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Gitback Coach
(10-18-2024, 10:32 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Sad state of affairs for Middlesboro football. I remember when they were one of the state's best, regardless of class.  Good job by Williamsburg!!!
Down 5 starters, This outcome was expected. I agree, Middlesboro should never lose this district.
Where those 5 suspended?
Everyone close to the program saw this coming. Lost Six kids to Ejection last Friday. Lost another two way starter to ankle, lost two more two way starters vs. Gate City to acl injuries. Had one two way starter quit after Gate City. Pretty amazing how competitive they have been up until tonight. Had 1 senior play tonight. Keep your heads up and get back to work!
Tough one for the yellow jackets even tho i kind of seen this coming. Congratulations Williamsburg.
(10-18-2024, 11:26 PM)bac2369 Wrote: Where those 5 suspended?
Yes, 5 starters from last week suspended for the end of game antics against Pineville.
How do some think Middlesboro should dominate this district? Jerry Herron has had a dominant 1A program at Williamsburg for more than a decade. Does the average poster here know anything about football?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROTC's post:
  • BTP
(10-19-2024, 09:04 PM)ROTC Wrote: How do some think Middlesboro should dominate this district?  Jerry Herron has had a dominant 1A program at Williamsburg for more than a decade.  Does the average poster here know anything about football?

Its not as much as everyone underestimating Williamsburg as it is people wanting to have a reason to throw off on Middlesboro if they do achieve something. Middlesboro fans knew Williamsburg wasn’t going to be no easy game. We wasn’t even that confident last year going into the game with one of our better teams.
(10-19-2024, 09:04 PM)ROTC Wrote: How do some think Middlesboro should dominate this district?  Jerry Herron has had a dominant 1A program at Williamsburg for more than a decade.  Does the average poster here know anything about football?
Larry French was 54-14 at middlesboro coming into this year. Since being in williamsburgs district, they have split the district title 1-1 and now williamsburg 2-1. The rivalry is 3-2 in the favor of Williamsburg after this friday when its french vs herron. It’s  not the idea of district dominance, as much as there’s really no shot any other team will ever be competitive enough to fight with the yellow jackets (both teams)
Think this is only one or two posters talking about Middlesboro should never lose in this district. My gut is most people that frequent this site respect Williamsburg as a solid 1A team that generally makes the most of what they have as a small school with two much larger school districts in the county.