Pikeville 36, Hazard 0
Pikeville remains undefeated at 9-0.

FINAL SCORE from Hillard Howard Field:

PIKEVILLE - 36

Hazard - 0

9-0!
They got worked… any details jet?
None
Rained all day and night fairly hard at times. Can't believe they played actually. Bad night to be out.
I saw a nice play from Pikeville on mountain top sports. Nice concentration on the catch.
Hazard is too soft. Pikeville dominated hazard as soon as hazard got off the bus
I believe we're going to see a whole lot of wins out of this Pikeville team right on down the line in years to come. Nice win Panthers!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • jetpilot
Really good team and most impressive is they have multiple players making big plays all year.

(09-28-2024, 02:35 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Really good team and most impressive is they have multiple players making big plays all year.

Are they the prohibitive favortie to win Divison 3?
Somerset team will put a running clock on them
(09-29-2024, 09:27 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote:
(09-28-2024, 02:35 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Really good team and most impressive is they have multiple players making big plays all year.

Are they the prohibitive favortie to win Divison 3?
I don't know what everyone else out there has but I'm pretty sure Hazard was also undefeated coming into this game...It will take a monster game by someone to knock these guys off.
(09-29-2024, 09:35 PM)Basketballguru1 Wrote: Somerset team will put a running clock on them

lol please bring a huge sack of money to the game
(09-29-2024, 09:47 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-29-2024, 09:35 PM)Basketballguru1 Wrote: Somerset team will put a running clock on them

lol please bring a huge sack of money to the game

I'm not sure how Meece will match up with them, but they do have a 36-12 win over Northern Pulaski.  Northern Pulaski beat Johnson Central 28-16 if the scoreboard is correct.  They have also given Danville Bate their only defeat 28-6, as well as beating undefeated Taylor County 18-6.  They play at Corbin this week I believe.
Pikeville beat Meece 30-0 in the 6th grade championship game last year for what it's worth. I believe #32 in the Hazard video is same #32 that was MVP in that game.
(09-29-2024, 10:30 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Pikeville beat Meece 30-0 in the 6th grade championship game last year for what it's worth. I believe #32 in the Hazard video is same #32 that was MVP in that game.

I'm not sure how many of the players from that 6th grade team play significant roles for the 8th grade team this year.  I know it is hard to compare scores, but with Northern Pulaski beating Johnson Central worse than Pikeville did, and Meece beating Northern Pulaski by 24 (it was 34-6 and Meece was inside the Maroons 15 yard line when they threw a pick 6 that would have put a running clock on Northern), I think a matchup this season might be closer than 30-0.  But who knows.
No doubt Walt. Meece very well could win out.
(09-29-2024, 10:46 PM)jetpilot Wrote: No doubt Walt. Meece very well could win out.

I'll be interested to see what they do at Corbin.  That is usually a pretty tough place to play, even if your team is as good as, or even a bit better than the Redhounds.  

Either way, I don't think Meec is putting a running clock on Pikeville, or vice versa.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Walt Longmire's post:
  • jetpilot
(09-29-2024, 10:30 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Pikeville beat Meece 30-0 in the 6th grade championship game last year for what it's worth. I believe #32 in the Hazard video is same #32 that was MVP in that game.

Looks like I was wrong lol
Different #32 I think 
Dang if both of them end up in the same backfield someday look out