Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Rockcastle County
75.00%
Clay County
25.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle at Clay County 9/27
Rockcastle vs Clay County. Thoughts?
Both teams coming off a long 1A tour in 2024 , I have no idea who will win.
(Yesterday, 12:56 PM)64SUR Wrote: Both teams coming off a  long 1A tour in 2024 ,  I have no idea who will win.
Clays last game wasn't 1A. Rock has beaten 5A Anderson County and 4A Grant County so your comment is in invalid.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Clay has some play makers and playing at Clay is always tough. But I'll take Rock in a hard hitting one
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm thinking this one will be another down to the wire contest just like the last game for Clay County. I think whoever wants it more comes out the winner. Probably another low scoring 21-21 type game. Both teams undefeated and looking for 1 more. I like this district as it is one of the old school districts who all was old rivalries.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • SmashMouth17
(11 hours ago)Bull got out! Wrote: I'm thinking this one will be another down to the wire contest just like the last game for Clay County. I think whoever wants it more comes out the winner. Probably another low scoring 21-21 type game. Both teams undefeated and looking for 1 more. I like this district as it is one of the old school districts who all was old rivalries.
back in the day it was similar to the SEC. You had traditional powers of Bell Rock and then Knox Central came up and occasionally Clay would have a good team so we all would beat up on each other. If it was Rock’s year we would beat Bell but then go down to Knox and lay an egg or vise versa with the other teams so you never knew who was coming out until all the games were played. It’s starting to get back that way now especially with the emergence of Clay. They have athletes that can play. This game being on the road reminds me of those type of games back in the day.
Rock should win this one as long as they have a good week of practice and the kids stay focused. If rock plays mistake free football they win 14 to 28.
Statistically it looks like these two teams are very similar. I will say the Tigers’ secondary really struggles when qbs have time to throw down field. If Rock ever wanted to try to throw the ball, this would be the game. I do think Clay has found a system that works with their personnel. Rock, Knox, and Clay will all be fighting for that 2 seed. It’s been a long time since the Tigers beat the red and blue.
(3 hours ago)UKCC Wrote: Statistically it looks like these two teams are very similar. I will say the Tigers’ secondary really struggles when qbs have time to throw down field. If Rock ever wanted to try to throw the ball, this would be the game. I do think Clay has found a system that works with their personnel. Rock, Knox, and Clay will all be fighting for that 2 seed. It’s been a long time since the Tigers beat the red and blue.
Not sure I would agree with you saying Rock is fighting for the 2 seed. We did win the district last year and with the game being played at Rock and with the way our defense has been playing. Also Bell has struggled to stop any team with a decent run game and Rock has more than a decent run game. Our o line play has been really good and we have talented speedy hard nosed running backs. I like our chances against Bell. Bell is not close to what they were last year and Rock is playing as good now as they did last year just with a different style of offense one that we are familiar with.

I believe Rock will win this game. I think mid 3rd quarter Rock will pull away.

Rock 35
Clay 21
(Yesterday, 03:28 PM)ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:
(Yesterday, 12:56 PM)64SUR Wrote: Both teams coming off a  long 1A tour in 2024 ,  I have no idea who will win.
Clays last game wasn't 1A. Rock has beaten 5A Anderson County and 4A Grant County so your comment is in invalid.
lol!!! Heck yeah beat those 5A schools
(2 hours ago)64SUR Wrote:
(Yesterday, 03:28 PM)ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:
lol!!! Heck yeah beat those 5A schools
I really don’t get why everyone likes complaining or talking negative about who other football teams choose to play. Worry about what your team is doing or try to help your team better themselves and stop focusing on criticizing other programs for who they are playing. At the end of the day both programs have to agree to play the game.
Rockcastle football program under the previous administration was in complete disarray. From the top to the bottom it’s night and day different now. The numbers are coming up the community support has shown out and trust me I believe Chris knows how to build a program considering his dad built this same program when he arrived in 1985 and he is modeling that same pattern. Not to mention his dad is right there watching every step of the way I trust the coaches and their abilities considering it’s been done before here.. so tell me what program have you built? Since all you can do is question how Rock is doing things let’s hear your list of accomplishments I’m sure you have many to offer.
I'm sticking with Rockcastle throughout this district.