Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greatest Promo
The other day Randy Savage's Cream of the Crop promo popped into my head. It got me thinking about the best wrestling promos/interviews. Do you all have some that come to mind, or that you quote from time to time?
Randy Savage: Snap into a slim jim Oh Yeah!
One of my all time favorites!

The Rock: It doesn't matter what you think!

John Cena: JBL is poopy! Idk why but that was just funny when John Cena spray painted that on JBLs limousine lol

My all time favorite Ric Flair: Styling and profiling!
The one I do most: Whoooooooooo! Embarrasses my wife every time I do that at town,  going through the store  Big Grin
I grew up in the attitude era, there was a lot more going on surrounding the promos, that's what made them so special and unique.

One that sticks out for me was the road to WrestleMania, Stone Cold vs. Rock I.

Of course that was the infamous beer bath on the corporation, the lasting image of Vince Mcmahon swimming in the ring will always crack me up. But the promo Austin cut, albeit cliche, but you could just feel the emotion behind what he was saying, and then the crowd pop as well, you can only imagine how excited 9 year old me was.

This is a great thread, would love to see more responses to the best/everyone's favorite promos.

For your viewing pleasure

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_O89Y0VwdPs?si=MUhAg1Un8rgXMNvW" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>
[-] The following 1 user Likes -STAT-'s post:
  • The Red Eminence
They call me Old School for a reason:

Terry Freakin' Funk : 

Threatens to torture, castrate, and kill Cactus Jack.

Gives himself several chair shots to the head.

Funk cussing like a sailor.

https://youtu.be/h6QasH8RXA4?list=PLhYyr...IilhwE_HAf

Funk covers himself in motor oil and dirt.

Are you a sissy?

(Yesterday, 05:07 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: They call me Old School for a reason:

Terry Freakin' Funk : 

Are you a sissy?

Listen I tried like hell posting a video from youtube on here, specifically the stone cold promo and all I could share was the link to click on. What am I doing wrong here??
(Yesterday, 05:14 PM)-STAT- Wrote:
(Yesterday, 05:07 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: They call me Old School for a reason:

Terry Freakin' Funk : 

Are you a sissy?

Listen I tried like hell posting a video from youtube on here, specifically the stone cold promo and all I could share was the link to click on. What am I doing wrong here??

Right click on the YT video, then click "Copy Video URL."  Then go to the BGR forum page where you want to post the video. Right click on the page, then click "Paste."  Hope it helps.

This guy scared me to death when I was a kid.  

Joe Leduc's Blood oath. Cuts himself with an axe.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • -STAT-
Some great responses here. 

One of my favorites was Stone Cold's promo on Bret Hart before their match at Survivor Series 96. It had so much grit and raw anger from Austin. 

Anything with Jake Roberts. I love his style. Cold, calm, terrifying. 

(Yesterday, 05:55 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(Yesterday, 05:14 PM)-STAT- Wrote:

Terry Freakin' Funk : 

Are you a sissy?

Right click on the YT video, then click "Copy Video URL."  Then go to the BGR forum page where you want to post the video. Right click on the page, then click "Paste."  Hope it helps.

This guy scared me to death when I was a kid.  

Joe Leduc's Blood oath. Cuts himself with an axe.

I swear I tried that yesterday and it wounldn't work for me, but this morning it did! I have no idea but it's on there now. Thanks for the help @Old School Hound
Not necessarily a promo, but the buildup for Rock-Austin II at WrestleMania 17 was the greatest of all time.

This was of course when Stone Cold "sold his soul to the devil himself" and turned heel to win the title, which he later admitted was a mistake but wanted to go in a different direction. Talk about a sense of betrayal as a kid :D , SC was my favorite of all time.