Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Betsy Layne 38 Bath County 35
Final from Owingsville

Bath County was HUGE underdogs coming into this game, but new head coach Brandon Brewer clearly had his Wildcats ready for this matchup and the Wildcats take the Bobcats all the way down to the wire.

Betsy Layne got a huge game from Carter Parsons on the ground.

Hart and Crouch had big games for Bath... tough loss for the Bath Co Wildcats.

As for BL... a win is a win.
Congrats Bobcats! Betsy Layne is going to be the team to beat in 2A in the mountains this season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SkyWalker34's post:
  • Westside
Congrats to the Bobcats. 2-0.
Congrats Bobcats! 2-0 to start the season
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Congratulations to the Spud and Westsides Bobcats
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • Westside
This is not a great win for the Bobcats… To go blow for blow for who is arguably one of the worst teams in the state. Now having to travel to play Fairview who beat the Wildcats by two touchdowns. Hopes are down on the Bobcats side in my opinion. Jarrell is about to pop his lid.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BobcatAlum22's post:
  • Hawks101
Are the bobcats down? I thought it was too by to be one of their best teams in a while
(08-31-2024, 12:33 PM)Concerned_Blackcat Wrote: Are the bobcats down? I thought it was too by to be one of their best teams in a while
Yes
(08-30-2024, 11:28 PM)SkyWalker34 Wrote: Congrats Bobcats! Betsy Layne is going to be the team to beat in 2A in the mountains this season.

Beating Bath by 3 points doesn't make them the team to beat in 2A
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cardinalfootballguy's post:
  • Atavus
I am taking it one game at a time.  It wasn't that long ago that ago Betsy Layne was going winless.  Coach Jarrell and his staff have done a really good job since they taken over.  I have confidence in them.
It’s a good win; maybe not a great win!!

When Brewer took over at Powell; Burchett had made them “competitive”. BB took them to another level. He already has Bath competing at a higher level.

To go on the road and beat a Class 3A team is not something “most” BL teams would ever have taken for granted.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROTC's post:
  • Westside
(08-31-2024, 04:09 PM)Westside Wrote: I am taking it one game at a time.  It wasn't that long ago that ago Betsy Layne was going winless.  Coach Jarrell and his staff have done a really good job since they taken over.  I have confidence in them.
I’m in fear of an implosion from Jarrell. I watched a game where one of his d-line coaches quit mid district game. Apparently due to Jarrell. I hope he proves me wrong.