Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Corbin Schedule 2024
(06-21-2024, 02:03 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Glad Corbin Community College got a portal hit. Hopefully they didn’t blow their whole NIL budget on one player, they need a couple more signees to beat little Class A Pikeville High School and several more to beat Boyle Tech.

Can't wait for Corbin-Pikeville. I love seeing those two powerhouses go at it. Seems like Pikeville has always come here to play.   Corbin should return the favor sometime and play on Pikeville's home  ball orchard.
(06-21-2024, 05:15 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(06-21-2024, 02:03 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Glad Corbin Community College got a portal hit. Hopefully they didn’t blow their whole NIL budget on one player, they need a couple more signees to beat little Class A Pikeville High School and several more to beat Boyle Tech.

Can't wait for Corbin-Pikeville. I love seeing those two powerhouses go at it. Seems like Pikeville has always come here to play.   Corbin should return the favor sometime and play on Pikeville's home  ball orchard.

Big Grin Little ole Pikeville my hind end.....  Pikeville College, I reckon vs Corbin Community College.  Smile Should be shootout... This won't be a defensive game.. Bring me all 20s Jett. If you don't have 20s, I'll take 1s, makes feel like you got more!!!
"I don't like much anything about sports, nowadays , from T-ball to high school to college to pro sports. I've spoken about this ad nauseum, along with Westside. I hate it. But it is the new landscape and there will never be any going back , unfortunately. So, in order to win, you have to do what you have to do to bring in talent. Are we to think the Smith twins came here for free?  Hell, the UK head coach was a major player in getting the twins to Corbin, who in turn, helped get them flipped to Stoops. It sucks, buth that's where we're at. If you don't play the game the way things are done nowadays, you're team is gonna be a bottom feeder.  GO HOUNDS!!!  MORE D-1's, please!"

Then I won't play that game.  I prefer to be a loser with integrity than to win at ANY cost, including the dilution of a high school legacy.  The shape that high school sports are in is directly the result of people like you.
[-] The following 2 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • Bull got out!, Diogenes
(06-21-2024, 01:08 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: "I don't like much anything about sports, nowadays , from T-ball to high school to college to pro sports. I've spoken about this ad nauseum, along with Westside. I hate it. But it is the new landscape and there will never be any going back , unfortunately. So, in order to win, you have to do what you have to do to bring in talent. Are we to think the Smith twins came here for free?  Hell, the UK head coach was a major player in getting the twins to Corbin, who in turn, helped get them flipped to Stoops. It sucks, buth that's where we're at. If you don't play the game the way things are done nowadays, you're team is gonna be a bottom feeder.  GO HOUNDS!!!  MORE D-1's, please!"

Then I won't play that game.  I prefer to be a loser with integrity than to win at ANY cost, including the dilution of a high school legacy.  The shape that high school sports are in is directly the result of people like you.

The late,  great Johnnie Cochran would have said it best:  "If you don't cheat , you must  accept defeat."  and  "If you don't play the game,  you must forget the hall of fame."

I wish every teenage girl didn't have a $1,000 phone in her hip pocket but that's the world we live in.  It sucks but you adjust to the times or the times will swallow you up.  The '50's are gone forever. In the words of the world's most famous mime(Don Henley), "those days are gone forever. I should just let them go."

(06-21-2024, 07:42 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(06-21-2024, 05:15 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Big Grin Little ole Pikeville my hind end.....  Pikeville College, I reckon vs Corbin Community College.  Smile Should be shootout... This won't be a defensive game.. Bring me all 20s Jett. If you don't have 20s, I'll take 1s, makes feel like you got more!!!

It's all aoout the Triple C...   ,  right Tom Turkey?
Here is my views on some of these extra views: Corbin didn't break any rules last season, the KHSAA did if anyone did. Corbin's program is a nice one and it is because kids want to be there. I'm not going to get mad at kids who want to be a part of any program. I'm for transferring. NO matter who it is and where they go. If you can better, yourself then do it. Transferring was just kept well-hidden before social media. Not now. If someone farts, then everyone knows it. Someone will post about it whether they are for it or against it. I'm in my 50s and I remember all the kids who transferred when I played sports, so nothing new under the sun. I could name who they were and where they came from. We were glad to have them then and sure glad to have them now. I have coached teams that never won a game, we had fun. I have been part of championship teams; we had a lot of fun. Way more fun than losing. But when the right coaches are in place, it doesn't matter if you win or lose, you play for the right reasons. But when you have a egg headed coach who can't get out of his own way and is making your kid miserable by bullying and not being fair, then kids start wanting to move and I say move your kid. There is coaches who treat some kids with no respect. Its not always the kids fault people. Yes, coaches can be turds. and especially towards some families that didn't do anything. It does happen. Then you can ask the players and they would run through a wall for a coach and never win the games, because that coach is teaching and making it fun and kids love him. Ask the kids. They will tell you what's really going on. Everyone isn't ring chasing. Sometimes families is just sick and tired of getting treaded on by programs who are like frogs in the pot and keep waiting on change that isn't coming.  Smile

Now if Corbin gets some more transfers for this year, they may be in business to win a few more of those 50/50 games on the schedule. I'm still waiting to see what is happening in Corbin. One thing for sure, they are working. I have seen the videos and Lots of good things have been said about Salmons himself. Salmons is a good dude. They are bragging on him. Im going to challenge him to a pizza eating contest. I think I can take him.  Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Big Boomer