Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6-2 Defense
Tell me why or why not? Most teams run the ball. What do you like?  Smile
https://footballadvantage.com/wp-content...erview.jpg
[Image: https://footballadvantage.com/wp-content...erview.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • North laurel Fan
Truth be told a lot of HS teams in KY run this very scheme. It’s just disguised as the 3-4. Against a run heavy team the OLB essentially play DE contain rules.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ArmChairHC's post:
  • Bull got out!
Are you dropping hints to the new Corbin/Cabell Redhounds defensive coordinator?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!
(06-02-2024, 08:32 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Are you dropping hints to the new Corbin/Cabell Redhounds defensive coordinator?

Smile If they will listen and I know they do. Last time I posted in 2021 the film on what defense should have been ran, look at the next 2 years. Tell me I didn't smoke some head that year. They read it. Because the defense sure switched in 2022 and 2023. My defense is 2-0 against the run team, heavy run team I'll say. Im not against a team giving there best shot and coming up short. Thats part of the game. But when you see a team line up on offense, don't be a bone head defensive coach and just stand there and let you defense get beat because you didn't make an adjustment. My rant for this moment lol.  Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • North laurel Fan, Old School Hound, pjdoug
[-] The following 2 users Like Shogun's post:
  • BEChargers, Bull got out!
For one you are outnumbered on the LOS as a defense. they got 7 olineman and you'd have 6. Unless those inside 4 interior dlineman are just mean sons of guns and eat up double teams, you got a free blocker to the 2 LB's sitting back there. 1 CB is covered up by a WR, the other in most HS teams is a guy who is fast but hates to tackle but will grab a shoelace or ankle so he's not getting in the mix as a LB and then the safety is 8-12 yards deep so the offense definitely has 3-5 yards if he's the guy to make a tackle.

Now if you wanted to take that free CB and play another LB type guy in there and flip the CB who is actually covering a WR to whatever side the WR goes to it makes more sense to me if they are a team like a belfry or johnson central who you know is only passing 1-5 times a game
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Bull got out!
Flats are tough to cover. Can trap against it pretty well. Those two LB's better be some dogs !!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • Bull got out!
(06-03-2024, 12:05 PM)Shogun Wrote: [Image: https://y.yarn.co/901903bb-0785-42b7-b63...d_text.gif]

Smile Thats what it would look like if I was coaching lol. But all jokes aside. Id probably hand out peanuts on the sideline like Texas Roadhouse if my boys would just get them to punt...
On video football I'd run a FG block defense or anything to try to slow the run down. lol
(06-04-2024, 04:05 AM)pjdoug Wrote: On video football I'd run a FG block defense or anything to try to slow the run down. lol

Big Grin I did the same thing. There is times lol, I wished some of these teams would go field goal defense lol...
  • pjdoug
(06-02-2024, 08:17 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Tell me why or why not? Most teams run the ball. What do you like?  Smile

What I like is when a team is running, you got more battles on the line to clog the holes. Also if your LB and CB stay in there lanes and read the play, then you acutally have a LB, CB S on each side and its not a good block away, its more like 3 on 2 now but of course, I know we are just talking and how easy it is to not stay focused on the field to read the play. Run play that is. now I wasn't talking passes but in a setup like this, I like tight coverage if it is a pass play but also depends on my speed on the field. But I like fast guys at the LB spost. I do like someone who will tackle at the Safety position. I hate when they dodge lol a tackle. Id be calling time out and next....This is where I like situational football. Run some plays and find the weakness on the offense or defense and change it from there. I want to keep em guessing. My best guy with speed on the line would be all over the place finding who he can get to double team him to keep him from wrecking the offense and then when he draws the DT, blitz like jackie chan. So, disruption is what I like in a defense. Chaos Football.
  • pjdoug
(06-04-2024, 08:49 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(06-04-2024, 04:05 AM)pjdoug Wrote: On video football I'd run a FG block defense or anything to try to slow the run down. lol

Big Grin I did the same thing. There is times lol, I wished some of these teams would go field goal defense lol...

I'd try anything if what I'm doing ain't slowing them down. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
(06-04-2024, 09:17 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(06-02-2024, 08:17 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Tell me why or why not? Most teams run the ball. What do you like?  Smile

What I like is when a team is running, you got more battles on the line to clog the holes. Also if your LB and CB stay in there lanes and read the play, then you acutally have a LB, CB S on each side and its not a good block away, its more like 3 on 2 now but of course, I know we are just talking and how easy it is to not stay focused on the field to read the play. Run play that is. now I wasn't talking passes but in a setup like this, I like tight coverage if it is a pass play but also depends on my speed on the field. But I like fast guys at the LB spost. I do like someone who will tackle at the Safety position. I hate when they dodge lol a tackle. Id be calling time out and next....This is where I like situational football. Run some plays and find the weakness on the offense or defense and change it from there. I want to keep em guessing. My best guy with speed on the line would be all over the place finding who he can get to double team him to keep him from wrecking the offense and then when he draws the DT, blitz like jackie chan. So, disruption is what I like in a defense. Chaos Football.

I like a Ronnie Lott type Safety that will crush a QB, WR or RB Smile
  • Bull got out!
(06-04-2024, 09:17 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

I remember Johnny Majors took his underdog Tennessee team up against a big powerful Miami Hurricanes team, and The Vols shut them down with a masterful defensive performance. I remember Tennessee switching defenses a lot and even putting 10 men up on the line against Vinnie Testaverde whom was used to airing it out on everybody.
  • Bull got out!
(06-02-2024, 08:24 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: Truth be told a lot of HS teams in KY run this very scheme. It’s just disguised as the 3-4.  Against a run heavy team the OLB essentially play DE contain rules.
I was going to say the same thing. Having hybrid DEs allows for more flexibility, especially if the offense has a play-action game.
BUT WHO IS YOUR FORCE PLAYER???????
(06-02-2024, 08:24 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: Truth be told a lot of HS teams in KY run this very scheme. It’s just disguised as the 3-4.  Against a run heavy team the OLB essentially play DE contain rules.
If a 3-4 walked up their OLB to the LOS then it would make it a 5 man front not a 6 man front.