Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boston vs. Dallas 2024 NBA Finals.
The Finals are set. Game 1 will take place Thursday from Boston at 8:30. 

This should be a very interesting series with a lot of star power and great role players as well. 

What's everyone's predictions?
BUMP

Still got 2 days till The Finals, what's everyone's predictions?
Barring injury, I think each team blows the other out at least once & also takes a fairly close game. What happens in the two or three others will decide it.

Would rather have Luka and Kyrie than Tatum and Brown.

Would rather have Horford and Porzingis than Washington and Lively (or any of Dallas' next two... Jones, Gafford, whoever).

Kind of a pu-pu platter from there.

Boston is deeper and more experienced with Holliday, White, and company. I like Pritchard for what his role is. Hauser probably needs to play well. They'll have home court and more rest. They've had a much easier road, and you get the feeling that they might have played down to their competition and have their best ahead of them-- they were much more consistent in the regular season.

Dallas is younger and has really played well in the playoffs. They'll need big contributions on the glass and defensively from whoever ends up being #3 & 4. Their #5 & 6 will at least have to play well enough that they aren't targets. They'll need consistent scoring from at least one or two of those if they're going to win more than a couple of games.

Boston is better, but I don't know that I ever feel comfortable trusting Brown and Tatum to carry you as your top two scorers in a seven game series when the other team has scorers as elite as Luka is and Kyrie has been lately. If it's even with four minutes left, Dallas has the closers.

At the same time, the Mavs don't give me '23 Denver vibes where guys like Gordon and Porter are athletic as hell and fly around making plays everywhere but still give you fits because they hit shots on you. Because of that, I don't know that they're within striking distance (or better) in four games.

Would love to see the Mavericks win, but think Boston in 6 is the safest play.
Didn't get to watch game 1, my boys had a little league tournament. I caught the last 15 seconds of the game, seen some highlights and Boston dominated from the opening tip. Energy was high, and crowd was electric, especially seeing Porzingis back, and the game he had made it even sweeter. Luka got his, but Boston expected that, they done a great job defensively against the rest of the team trying to make them step up and contribute, which didn't happen.

Sucks game 2 isn't until Sunday, I remember when it was a day in between games, its been at least 3 for several years now, but I guess money and advertisements play a factor, and they must think more viewers will tune in on Sunday night which would be a stand alone slot.
Through the first 2 games one thing is certain, Luka cannot do it on his own. Kyrie + the rest of the supporting cast has not got the job done, and they will have to step up their respective games if they want to make this series interesting.

Boston just has so many guys who can step up on any given night, their depth has been a problem for most teams all season, even when rosters are shortened in playoff games, they just have a few more extra guys who can contribute and make plays, added incentive that the guy this time just happens to be Porzingis. Game 1 it was him, Jaylen Brown making big plays. Game 2 it was all about the backcourt, Jrue Holiday & Derrick White, combining for 44 points, but more importantly than that, just 1 turnover.

Also, how about Tatum? He has taken on more of a facilitator role, dishing out 12 assists last night and nearly getting a triple double. Jaylen Brown done his thing yet again last night, but Tatum has sort of taken a backseat to Brown these whole playoffs, Tatum had some struggles, but even when he hasn't struggled, Brown has been the better player it seems, I'm not complaining though. Game 3 will be a big one especially on the road in a raucous crowd.
Jrue Holiday is having a really good series so far.

Stranger things have happened, but this one is Boston's to lose. They have too many things at 3 through 7 that Dallas is just lacking.
Report just came out that Porzingis has what is described as a "rare" leg injury, completely unrelated to the calf injury he has dealt with all playoffs. We've all seen how Boston has played w/o him throughout the playoffs, only had a few lapses but more so have taken care of business to get 2 wins away from a championship, but this is a tough blow to the team, but to Porzingis who was excited to be back, especially the way he has played through the first 2 games of The Finals. He is listed as day-to-day, but this one is shaping up for him to be out the rest of the series.
Despite being down 13 early on, and then blowing a 21 point 4th qtr lead, Boston is now 1 win away from banner #18. Tatum finally had his big time performance with 31 points, kindly cooled off in the 2nd half but he hit some big shots in the 1st half to get Boston out of the early hole. If Boston finishes up on Friday, or even in 5, there's no doubt that Jaylen Brown will win Finals MVP, which is fitting bc he was getting so much heat in last years playoffs for not being able to even dribble the ball. All playoffs long, but especially since he hit that game tying shot in game 1 against Indiana, he has been playing some of the best basketball of his career, it's been great to see.

Gotta give it to Dallas for showing signs of life, going on a 20-2 run in about an 8 minute span in the 4th to get back in it, they had their chances to either tie/take the lead, but Boston made some timely stops when they needed them, sure didn't help when Luka fouled out, understand J-Kidd challenging that, but it looked like a charge, didn't establish any sort of position and was sort of standing off to the side when he fell. Kyrie had by far his best game of the series, but the offense just isn't the same w/o Luka on the court, and it showed down the stretch last night.

Knew Dallas would come out playing w/ high energy on their home court, but Boston weathered the early storm, settled in and really took over the rest of the game, even after blowing that big lead. Game 4 & the sweep will be Friday night, can't wait to watch it!
Well the brooms were quickly put away in game 4. Boston played by far their worst game of the entire season, of course it had to be the closeout game to win a championship. Not much to say about this one lol, Dallas could not miss anything, just by far the better team in every aspect of the game. Luckily Boston went on a quick 4-0 run to end the game and get the score under 50 points.

Hopefully it'll be the gentleman's sweep tonight on the parquet, on the anniversary of Boston's last championship 6/17/08.