Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Explosion at Phelps High School
Batpuff Wrote:I hate to tell you but you are wrong, I have had cases like this and it doesnt matter if it was a firecracker or not it could have caused serious injury and she knew that she shouldnt have had it to start with not to say on school grounds, and yes firecrackers can burn a building down. And I said she could be charged with that depending on the situation, which we dont know because we wasnt there. She could be charged with a single count for everyone in the room as far as that goes as well by placing them in harms way. And i doubt she will just get a slap on the wrist. Too much crap like this in school these days.

Wanton endangerment? You gotta be kidding me. Disregard for human life? A fire cracker in her POCKET? Smile I'm sorry. And I don't mean to be rude. I just seriously thought you were kidding around the first time.. especially when you mentioned the arson charge. Considering it requires the 'intent' to burn a structure. And as i said, if she 'intended' to burn the school down with a firecracker... she'll be found incapable of standing trial because of mental problems, for even thinkin about it.
Well, it seems like it was something bigger than your basic firecracker if there were ear injuries. Maybe something like an M-80.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Beef Wrote:Well, it seems like it was something bigger than your basic firecracker if there were ear injuries. Maybe something like an M-80.

Maybe so.

But I'd be 90% of the ear injuries were 'get out of class free' cards being played.

And it still is laughable to think this could be arson. Heck they may charge her with it.. but it would a disregard of the written law, should the charges stick.

I used to blow up stuff as a child.. Used to tie m-80s together (10-12 at a time).. see these, create flash heat and energy.. and could almost never be used to set anything on fire.
I highly doubt kids could make their ears bleed on demand to get out of class.
Brittany0121 Wrote:I highly doubt kids could make their ears bleed on demand to get out of class.

Agreed!!!
It is rather doubtful!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Brittany0121 Wrote:I highly doubt kids could make their ears bleed on demand to get out of class.

I hadn't heard that is what happened. :confused:

From what I heard, it was ringing of the ears and pain.

Ears bleeding? What in world did she have? A pipe bomb?
Something bigger than your average firecracker, apparently.
Batpuff Wrote:I hate to tell you but you are wrong, I have had cases like this and it doesnt matter if it was a firecracker or not it could have caused serious injury and she knew that she shouldnt have had it to start with not to say on school grounds, and yes firecrackers can burn a building down. And I said she could be charged with that depending on the situation, which we dont know because we wasnt there. She could be charged with a single count for everyone in the room as far as that goes as well by placing them in harms way. And i doubt she will just get a slap on the wrist. Too much crap like this in school these days.

You are right, they can cause a house fire and she can be charged with wanting in dangerment, cauase from the fact that she cause panic.I am a Arson Investagroter for that state of KY, also a Firefighter for the state of KY.ANd if she is chagred with Arson it will be a class c Mistamenaer or how ever you spell it.But i don't think that she will be charged with arson cause the fact that she wasn't trying to brun down the school.she mite be charged with causeing panic in a school witch could be a class a Mis, or a class d Felone
ronald_reagan Wrote:Maybe so.

But I'd be 90% of the ear injuries were 'get out of class free' cards being played.

And it still is laughable to think this could be arson. Heck they may charge her with it.. but it would a disregard of the written law, should the charges stick.

I used to blow up stuff as a child.. Used to tie m-80s together (10-12 at a time).. see these, create flash heat and energy.. and could almost never be used to set anything on fire.

Thats where you are wrong don't mean to be rude but M-80 can cause fires,we had a small building fire that started by a M-80 last year.
phs1986 Wrote:The girl herself is the only one with injuries that needed to be seen by a doctor. From what I was told (by one of the kids that was in the room at the time) was that the "device" AKA fireworks was in either her purse or her pocket because that is where the "explosion" took place. From what I was told....... it sounded like a loud """CRACK""" sound. When I hear more I will keep you updated....
**((((((YEP.... I got out early because of this)))))**

How'd YOU get out early??

Did they just go off or dad a match strike somehow?
If...Then Wrote:How'd YOU get out early??

Did they just go off or dad a match strike somehow?

LOL.... I work at the elementary school. Therefore... when the high school gets out the elementary gets out... :p

phs1986 Wrote:LOL.... I work at the elementary school. Therefore... when the high school gets out the elementary gets out... :p

haha wow, you have family, active son, and your a teacher and still manage to handle being a mod. Impressive
The girl has been sent to Breathitt County Juvenile Center. And the Device she brough to school was a M-80
is it me or does this seem a little out of control.. i know things are different now that they used to be but my god.. sending a kid to juvie for having a firecracker is a little ridiculous. back in my day, that would sound like a fun thing to do.. and i'm not really that old.. but my how times are changing..
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
If...Then Wrote:haha wow, you have family, active son, and your a teacher and still manage to handle being a mod. Impressive

What can I say..... I "multi-task" well...... Big Grin