Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th region report card
Ok, i am bored ill admit it. so i wanted to kind of give a report card for the 14th region midway through season.  So without further adue heres my midseason report card for who i think are the contenders in the 14th region..

1. Breathitt county, coming into the season, i knew they would be competitive but thought they lost to much to win this region. And all they have done is already win All A in the 14th and are looking like the best team.  Sperry has been Sperry, but the role players have been excellent thus far with Hamilton, Gross, Terry and Bellamy really all playing terrifiic, if they keep that up Breathitt can very easily repeat as champs. 

2. Hazard. a lot like Breathitt, i knew theyd be competitve but thought they too lost too much to win region, and here they are 12-2 and playing great. Al Holland showing why he is the best coach in the mountains..  Seth Caudill and Eversole has stepped up huge, but its the role players, higgins, Ratliff, Ramey that have been the difference..   Depth will be the biggest issue for the Dawgs come region..

3. KCC  i felt they were the favorite coming into the year but so far they have somewhat struggled, nice wins over pikevile and pike central early then they took a step back with some questionable losses like letcher at kcc, with that being said, i still believe they have the team to win the region led by Jayden Huff and Hunter Haddix, those two have played really good so far, it will come down to Slone and the supporting cast to decide how far the Patriots will go in region..

4. PCC  they too lost a couple big pieces but i felt they returned enough to win the region and they played well early but have fallen on hard times lately with a losing streak and the loss of Beverly, they will have to rely on the young kids to give big minutes and produce, i think Woods, Slone and Castle are offensively enough to win the region, but defensivley perry is the worse of these 4 teams, will be interested to see the matchup with KCC and the rematch with hazard to see if the commodores belong 

I think these are the only 4 teams capable of winning this region, and as of now its between Breathitt and Hazard with KCC and PCC looking in..  Good luck to all teams..
[-] The following 1 user Likes the gambler's post:
  • roundballer
Nice read gambler!!
(01-15-2024, 05:02 PM)the gambler Wrote: Ok, i am bored ill admit it. so i wanted to kind of give a report card for the 14th region midway through season.  So without further adue heres my midseason report card for who i think are the contenders in the 14th region..

1. Breathitt county, coming into the season, i knew they would be competitive but thought they lost to much to win this region. And all they have done is already win All A in the 14th and are looking like the best team.  Sperry has been Sperry, but the role players have been excellent thus far with Hamilton, Gross, Terry and Bellamy really all playing terrifiic, if they keep that up Breathitt can very easily repeat as champs. 

2. Hazard. a lot like Breathitt, i knew theyd be competitve but thought they too lost too much to win region, and here they are 12-2 and playing great. Al Holland showing why he is the best coach in the mountains..  Seth Caudill and Eversole has stepped up huge, but its the role players, higgins, Ratliff, Ramey that have been the difference..   Depth will be the biggest issue for the Dawgs come region..

3. KCC  i felt they were the favorite coming into the year but so far they have somewhat struggled, nice wins over pikevile and pike central early then they took a step back with some questionable losses like letcher at kcc, with that being said, i still believe they have the team to win the region led by Jayden Huff and Hunter Haddix, those two have played really good so far, it will come down to Slone and the supporting cast to decide how far the Patriots will go in region..

4. PCC  they too lost a couple big pieces but i felt they returned enough to win the region and they played well early but have fallen on hard times lately with a losing streak and the loss of Beverly, they will have to rely on the young kids to give big minutes and produce, i think Woods, Slone and Castle are offensively enough to win the region, but defensivley perry is the worse of these 4 teams, will be interested to see the matchup with KCC and the rematch with hazard to see if the commodores belong 

I think these are the only 4 teams capable of winning this region, and as of now its between Breathitt and Hazard with KCC and PCC looking in..  Good luck to all teams..
Very good recap I think. I thought Perry had the edge coming into this season with Breathitt, Hazard and Knott trailing in that order. I thought Breathitt had a chance to be pretty good toward region time, Hazard is always right there and I never bought all the Knott bluster. Breathitt has been a pleasant surprise for me and I think any of these 4 teams could win the region. But, if Breathitt’s starting 5 all start playing their best every game, I think they have the edge.
Loss of Beverly?
What is that about. I just saw someone on another thread ask about him.
Hearing Beverly is no longer with the team at PCC.
That’s old news
Where'd he go?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(01-16-2024, 10:43 PM)BlackHawk Wrote: That’s old news

Where is the news then? What happened?
Him and Hoskins butting heads.
Beverly has missed the last 4 -5 games, the hazard game was last one he played I think. He is not with the team anymore. Not sure what the reason was for quitting but it sure hurts PCC.
They could use the depth with someone like Beverly but I don’t think he helped them one bit. Same as last year, I think they were better when he was out.
Beverly would not make much a difference anyways. The 14th is probably the weakest regions in the state.
Was weak when you played to Gladiator. Not been strong since Carr Creek days.
14th had been weak every year, however the 14th can’t seem to get a decent draw. Every year they draw a top team. I think the 14th could beat the 15 and couple others first round but that’s about it. Second round they’d be toast