Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arkansas Razorbacks off to 7-1 start!
John Pelphrey has his club off to a 9-1 start. Just figured since the Cats are stinking up the court a few of you might be interested. Their next game is 12-12-07 when Texas-SanAntonio comes to Fayetteville. Their next nationally Televised game is on Saturday, Dec. 15th when they travel to Oklahoma to take on the Sooners. Game time is at 2:00 pm, on ESPN2.

So Good Luck John Pelphrey and GO HAWGS! From one of your newest fans!

To keep up with Coach John Pelphrey & The Razorbacks go to www.hogwired.com .
I hope Arkansas wins the SEC. I would love to see John Leslie win it in his first year coachin an SEC team. What's funny is most people said he wasn't ready to be a head coach in a conference like the SEC.
RIGHT ON! KEEP EM ROLLIN DIRTMOUTH![quote=Redneck]I hope Arkansas wins the SEC. I would love to see John Leslie win it in his first year coachin an SEC team. What's funny is most people said he wasn't ready to be a head coach in a conference like the SEC.[/quote
Way to go Pelphrey!
They're 7-1, not 9-1. I fixed the thread title. I'll wait til' they play someone before I jump on the bandwagon and go Hog wild. I particulary like the smacking they took at the hands of Providence earlier in the season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:They're 7-1, not 9-1. I fixed the thread title. I'll wait til' they play someone before I jump on the bandwagon and go Hog wild. I particulary like the smacking they took at the hands of Providence earlier in the season.
as Im sure they liked the smacking UK took from the hands of that powerhouse Gardner Webb..Ive always been a Hogs fan, and especially with Pelphrey there, how can you not root for them?? They also beat Missouri, and they arent that bad..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:as Im sure they liked the smacking UK took from the hands of that powerhouse Gardner Webb..Ive always been a Hogs fan, and especially with Pelphrey there, how can you not root for them?? They also beat Missouri, and they arent that bad..

Smile Good one TidesHoss. (seriously) That's all I'd say to a UK fan now to get back too. There's no way to dispute how humiliating it was.

Yeah I like Pelphry. I figure after Gillispie is done at UK, they will go after him hard or so I hope so. He'll get seasoned good at Arkansas and ready for the big show.

I'll probably root for them a bit, and never against them unless they're playing UK.

Missouri has been pretty down, but it is always good when a SEC team beats an OOC team so I'll be happy about it. Big Grin
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Smile Good one TidesHoss. (seriously) That's all I'd say to a UK fan now to get back too. There's no way to dispute how humiliating it was.

Yeah I like Pelphry. I figure after Gillispie is done at UK, they will go after him hard or so I hope so. He'll get seasoned good at Arkansas and ready for the big show.

I'll probably root for them a bit, and never against them unless they're playing UK.

Missouri has been pretty down, but it is always good when a SEC team beats an OOC team so I'll be happy about it. Big Grin

Exactly. I think Billy G. will do fine and I'm certainly not calling for his job, but I sincerely hope that after he leaves Pelphrey will be the next UK coach. That would be wonderful to have an ex-Cat on the bench.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Smile Good one TidesHoss. (seriously) That's all I'd say to a UK fan now to get back too. There's no way to dispute how humiliating it was.

well Ill tell you a few things we'd both agree on..
#1/ Those 20 and 30 point wins over the Stony Brooks and the Gardner Webbs that Tubby would throw on them would look pretty good right now..
#2/ 22-12 and a competitive team against the big boys would too..
#3/ Billy Clyde fed everybody a bunch of crap talking about his passion for basketball, because he shows NONE of it..
#4/ I'd take a 23-10 Minnesota team over a 17-12 UK team come NCAA tourney time..
#5/ deep down inside, even though nobody will admit it, everybody is thinking "is this Gillispie guy the truth?"
More Cowbell Wrote:Exactly. I think Billy G. will do fine and I'm certainly not calling for his job, but I sincerely hope that after he leaves Pelphrey will be the next UK coach. That would be wonderful to have an ex-Cat on the bench.
**** I was wanting the Cats to take him this year, lol...but Im glad he's at Arkansas..if he can be successful there, fill that arena, and take them to some NCAA tournaments, then not only will he be loved forever there, but he'll have the chances to pick and choose his jobs in the future, but I hope he's in Fayetteville for a long time Big Grin ..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:**** I was wanting the Cats to take him this year, lol...but Im glad he's at Arkansas..if he can be successful there, fill that arena, and take them to some NCAA tournaments, then not only will he be loved forever there, but he'll have the chances to pick and choose his jobs in the future, but I hope he's in Fayetteville for a long time Big Grin ..

Do you not think he would leave Arkansas for the Kentucky job if offered? I always assumed he would, but then I don't know him personally. Maybe some of the Paintsville people on here can shed some light on this...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I do believe he would leave that job for sure! Then again, he also knows what kind pf pressure is TRULY put on a the UK COACH and the UK team! He is a very smart man though and will definately weigh his decisions if the decision DOES ever come. Let's all just chill though and give Billy G. at least 2-3 years. Look what a mess he came into..NO BIG MAN, and a thug as a floor leader who couldn't play in the NAIA, no shooters, and your an overhyped player in Crawford who NEVER puts out. Your floor leader(Jasper) and the teams best player and hustler in (Meeks) is injured. So all we are really revolving around is Patterson TO DO EVERYTHING! I know the losses keep coming and we minds well get use to it, because we are going to see alot of it this year. It is a TOTAL MESS that Billy G. can't do ANYTHING about this year.
More Cowbell Wrote:Do you not think he would leave Arkansas for the Kentucky job if offered? I always assumed he would, but then I don't know him personally. Maybe some of the Paintsville people on here can shed some light on this...
Oh I absolutely think he'd leave Arkansas for Kentucky..I never said that, I was just saying that I HOPE he stays in Arkansas for awhile, lol...but yeah, if offered, he'd go to LexingtonBig Grin
the providence loss was pretty bad BUT Providence is a good team that doesn' get a whole lot of respect. I think they about beat South Carolina maybe, but they had 32 turnovers i believe and you can't beat anyone playing like that. Cut down on turnovers and they should be fine.
Again, I really like Pelphrey, but you have to admit that he walked into a pretty good situation at Arkansas. A veteran team with so much frontcourt talent, that they are redshirting onetime UK target Michael Sanchez this season. It seems to me that Pelphrey inherited a much better team than Gillispie.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats to Pelphrey and the Arkansas Razorbacks.
I hope to see Pelprey as the coach at UK some day.
Pelphrey was my choice after Donovan of course.
The Hogs won again last night to move to 8-1 on the season.
Soooooooweeeeeeee!
SHOULD have been UK coach in the first place.