Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More playoff questions…go figure
I was looking through all the brackets to see if there were any more forfeits and come across a question. Campbellsville has a first round bye. Why is this? Did their 1st round opponent forfeit as well and it’s just not been posted yet? It doesn’t have them playing until the 10th against a team TBA. Doesn’t matter, the 1 v 4 and even the 2nd round games games are mostly pointless any way and Cville would have likely won in the first round. I was just curious bc of the forfeit bug going around. I know Pendleton and Berea have both went down due to lack of healthy players…anyone heard anything else?
I'm guessing Ballard Memorial opted out against Campbellsville. Can't say I blame them. Ballard is winless on the year and is looking at a four hour drive just for a first half running clock.
^That's almost exactly the scenario that Harlan County will be playing in Friday night. But they are choosing to play.
I’m sure this has been asked and answered but I’m not sure. Does the rpi lock in after the regular season is over or does it change after each week of the playoffs?
locked after week 11
[-] The following 1 user Likes Real Badman's post:
  • KnoxvillesFinest
(11-02-2023, 09:50 AM)Shogun Wrote: I'm guessing Ballard Memorial opted out against Campbellsville. Can't say I blame them. Ballard is winless on the year and is looking at a four hour drive just for a first half running clock.

I believe I read were Ballard Memorial's QB was in a bad car wreck with some other students about 2 weeks ago. They were already very low in numbers. 
FYI, kids were doing nothing wrong. Tire blew out on the way home from a district volleyball tournament.
(11-02-2023, 09:50 AM)Shogun Wrote: I'm guessing Ballard Memorial opted out against Campbellsville. Can't say I blame them. Ballard is winless on the year and is looking at a four hour drive just for a first half running clock.

I'd drive 4 hours just to eat a hamburger.
(11-02-2023, 11:15 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: ^That's almost exactly the scenario that Harlan County will be playing in Friday night.  But they are choosing to play.

That's fair but not quite a 1:1. Ballard Memorial has 20 something players on their roster and has only won 1 game since COVID. Harlan County has close to 60 on their reported roster and has fielded teams that compete at the state level in their class in the last 10 years.

(11-02-2023, 02:38 PM)Glory_Days Wrote:

I believe I read were Ballard Memorial's QB was in a bad car wreck with some other students about 2 weeks ago. They were already very low in numbers. 
FYI, kids were doing nothing wrong. Tire blew out on the way home from a district volleyball tournament.

Hadn't heard that. That's terrible, hope for a full recovery for all involved.
(11-02-2023, 01:08 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: I’m sure this has been asked and answered but I’m not sure. Does the rpi lock in after the regular season is over or does it change after each week of the playoffs?

I heard someone reference "Playoff RPI." Perhaps this was what they were getting at? I'm not sure.

(11-02-2023, 02:38 PM)Glory_Days Wrote:

That is horrible. I hope everyone is alright.
Ballard dropped from the playoffs about 4 weeks or so ago I believe.