Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland vs Johnson Central and Playoff Implications
Big time game next week at Johnson Central. 

If Ashland wins looks like the hounds will go to Covington Catholic in round three, if Johnson central wins looks like the Hounds will go to Boyle in round three.
Ashland wins big next week in Paintsville. JC looked awful last night against Greenup.
(10-14-2023, 11:23 AM)Tomcat Pride Wrote: Ashland wins big next week in Paintsville. JC looked awful last night against Greenup.
Hard to tell from that game. Looked like JC rested a couple guys. Also was doing just enough to win until greenup just kinda gave up or got tired in the 4th. Ashlands schedule is hard to tell anything from. Good win over Raceland. The good teams on JCs schedule have beat them. Probably be the best game of the week.
Ashland in a rout. 79-6
(10-14-2023, 11:23 AM)Tomcat Pride Wrote: Ashland wins big next week in Paintsville. JC looked awful last night against Greenup.
Good thing they still have to play the game with the  opinions going around maybe JC just shouldn’t even show up. Ashland was behind to Boyd County at halftime of their game.
(10-14-2023, 12:35 PM)Football Hack Wrote:
Good thing they still have to play the game with the  opinions going around maybe JC just shouldn’t even show up. Ashland was behind to Boyd County at halftime of their game.
Boyd county is light years better than Greenup county. Nice try though making yourself feel better.
I think the score from JC and Boyd was 53-14. Don’t need to make myself better. Wasn’t trying to be rude in the previous post but you decided to make it that way. Insecure maybe.???
This game will have interest from all over the state.
Should be a good game for sure. Good teams on both sides. Hoping for no injuries for either team.
The Tomcats assuming the favorite role in this game is virgin territory for me. JC has just been a beast over the last decade. I’ve come to respect their program so much that it’s just hard for me to see a blowout. A one point win would spawn a hour long grin across my face all the way back down 23 Friday night.
[-] The following 1 user Likes i82much's post:
  • T-CATS
2 things stuck out last night. JC’s numbers are down. Their team speed was not much greater then if any better then Greenup’s. I’ll gladly take a 1 point win next week but Ashland’s bye week came at a perfect time and if Ashland plays their A game I don’t believe JC can contain the speed Ashland possesses across the board. JC’s ball control and limiting Ashlands possessions can keep it close and help pull the upset if they play a perfect game but Ashland lMO has the better team and should win this game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes T-CATS's post:
  • i82much
prime time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gimme the eagles
Pulling for Ashland in this one but my instincts tell me that JC wins. Hope I'm wrong!
Assland-35
JC 15
This game will be won in the trenches and on special teams and extra point kicking. JC struggled last night on both sides of the ball against a below average Greenup County offensive and defensive line. Both Ashland fronts are light years ahead of Greenup so that will spell disaster for JC.

Ashland 35
JC 12
(10-14-2023, 04:09 PM)Tomcat Pride Wrote: This game will be won in the trenches and on special teams and extra point kicking.  JC struggled last night on both sides of the ball against a below average Greenup County offensive and defensive line. Both Ashland fronts are light years ahead of Greenup so that will spell disaster for JC.

Ashland 35
JC 12
When was the last time Ashland had the advantage up front against JC?  That has been the strong point for JC for a long time in this game.  It’s amazing how they had changed on a relatively short time.