Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shag Campbell Tourney
does anyone have any results from the semi finals tonight

i know that South Floyd Played Allen Central not sure on the other game
who won that game? I was only there tonight cuz allens C-team played mcdowell, then I left as SF and Allen Central were warming up. And I would say the other game would be Betsy Layne vs Adams, cuz they both won there games on sunday.
15th region slamdunk Wrote:who won that game? I was only there tonight cuz allens C-team played mcdowell, then I left as SF and Allen Central were warming up. And I would say the other game would be Betsy Layne vs Adams, cuz they both won there games on sunday.

i just heard that SF lost by 2 to AC not sure on this tho so dont hold me to it
oo, well either way it sounded like a heck of a game. This is an awsome year in floyd county for basketball.
Yeah Allen Central defeated South Floyd tonight, Betsy Layne and Adams played afterwards but I left after the SF AC game ended.
Im'a say betsy layne won that game. Juss because I havent seen adams a-team play this year.
15th region slamdunk Wrote:Im'a say betsy layne won that game. Juss because I havent seen adams a-team play this year.

I think Adams beat BL about a week ago in regular season play.
If i am sure Betsy Layne beat Adams by a score of 61 to 26 and #24 looked very impressive for betsy layne
Is 24 the Hamilton boy?
Yea
i know that SF lost to Adams tonight...but they didnt have Brandon Marson cause he was playin in the Varsity game agianst Johnson Central
I heard Allen Central beat Betsy Layne by single digits in the Finals. The coach for BL got two technicals. He's gonna have to quit showing hisself at these games, and quit showing his immaturity as a basketball coach. The bobcats were in it, but the freebies plus the ball doesn't really help your effort to win. But hang in there BL, I'm sure you'll meet up with em several more times, probably in the RBC this week or next. Not sure on the date!!
Yeah I heard that the ref had thrown the BL coach out of the game and by the sounds of it, it costed them the game. AC got like 4 free throws down the stretch and they won the game.
Yea thats probably the reason they got beat.I heared the refs wasn't the best ever to
The night Adams played BL in the Shag Tourney they played a game right before that in Pikeville against a tough Martin Co. team. Probably attributed to BL beating them so handily.
OnCeABobcat Wrote:I heard Allen Central beat Betsy Layne by single digits in the Finals. The coach for BL got two technicals. He's gonna have to quit showing hisself at these games, and quit showing his immaturity as a basketball coach. The bobcats were in it, but the freebies plus the ball doesn't really help your effort to win. But hang in there BL, I'm sure you'll meet up with em several more times, probably in the RBC this week or next. Not sure on the date!!

Coach Howard is an excellant Coach. I feel like that because Coach Howard IS a new Coach that everyone should just give him a chance. I KNOW that he is coaching from his heart...with Coach Howard the kids come first. As a parent of one of his players, I know that they have tremendous respect for him, as he does them.
I wasn't bashing Coach Howard, to say the least. All I said was, he needs to learn to control his temper and keep his cool when he's on the sideline, cause the refs aren't going to put up with much. And his name is already out there after the Shag Cambell tourny, so the other refs around the area will be keeping an extra eye on him, and you better bet they will t him up the first oppurtunity. BTW I know the players as well as the parents respect him and everything he does, as they should. I never said anything about him not being an excellent coach. However, he will never get the full support of everyone, thats just the way it goes. He'll always be making some child or parent upset, cause he can't please everyone. But he's got the chance, cause he's the one in charge there at Betsy Layne.
foreverabobcat Wrote:Coach Howard is an excellant Coach. I feel like that because Coach Howard IS a new Coach that everyone should just give him a chance. I KNOW that he is coaching from his heart...with Coach Howard the kids come first. As a parent of one of his players, I know that they have tremendous respect for him, as he does them.
I wasn't bashing Coach Howard, to say the least. All I said was, he needs to learn to control his temper and keep his cool when he's on the sideline, cause the refs aren't going to put up with much. And his name is already out there after the Shag Cambell tourny, so the other refs around the area will be keeping an extra eye on him, and you better bet they will t him up the first oppurtunity. BTW I know the players as well as the parents respect him and everything he does, as they should. I never said anything about him not being an excellent coach. However, he will never get the full support of everyone, thats just the way it goes. He'll always be making some child or parent upset, and he'll always be stepping on somebody's toes cause he can't please everyone. But he's got that chance to prove himself, cause he's the one in charge there at Betsy Layne. So best of LUCK to the Bobcats on the rest of the season! '08 should make for an exciting season in the Floyd County Middle School Conference.
How long does this tournament last??
This tournament is over, Allen Central defeated Betsy Layne in the finals, while Adams beat South Floyd in the 3rd place game. That was the A team tournament, I have no clue about the B and C team games.
the shag campbell tourny is over, and it was only an A-team tourny.